Where are you lot off to in 2014?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have pretty much decided on; fly to Milan, head West to Bourg-d' Oisans via Sestriere & Braincon then North to Annecy, then North West across France to catch the ferry home from St Malo, over three to four weeks.
Anyone crossed from Italy to France on that route?

Have booked flights whilst they are cheap, BA to Genoa (cheaper than Milan and should be easier to ride out of) for July 31st. £107 for both of us plus another £72 to pay for the bikes nearer the time.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Only to Coventry - yay!! ^_^

Oh, hang on, I had forgotten that I am going for a Scottish holiday with my sisters in the autumn. I should be able to borrow or hire a bike while I am up there and one of my (second) cousins is a cyclist so we might get some decent rides in together.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Having previously biked quite a lot in Africa (where it's very hot)... this January I'm off to Siberia for 3 months (where it's very cold). Then in the summer I'd like to spend a month biking in northern England and Scotland (where after all these weather extremes, I won't once complain about the rain, or will at least find a pub to shelter in...)
I'm enjoying your book TOA, so far. Well worth that half a pint! I'm pleased to note that you enjoy and crave beer and wine as much as me and @Dave Davenport when on tour! Dave is more creative about keeping them cool than you though, albeit under less extreme conditions!^_^

takeonafrica

I'm enjoying your book TOA, so far. Well worth that half a pint! I'm pleased to note that you enjoy and crave beer and wine as much as me and @Dave Davenport when on tour! Dave is more creative about keeping them cool than you though, albeit under less extreme conditions!^_^
Glad you're enjoying the book!
Think I'm just too lazy/thirsty to bother with creative beer-cooling solutions! Siberia might require a short-term switch to vodka though...
I suspect there's quite a few of us British Beer-loving Bikers. I must admit though, I don't come across them often enough :smile:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Helen if you ever get over to Denmark, we will be happy to feed and water you. Put it in your diary.

Steve and Jannie

Shaunthesheep

May of to Normandy for 2 days then in June Rotterdam to Amsterdam then overnight train down to Zurich then ride round Lake Constance back to Rotterdam on train ride to europort for ferry home

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Starting from Genoa this year Rich, I hear there are quite a few micro breweries in Northern Italy producing some decent ales:smile:
Genoa? Not as well as I'd like:rolleyes:

pkeenan

Über Member
I haven't done a tour since 2011, which is atrocious!
I had plans to cycle through France to Italy, but summer is largely already spoken for - leaving me a window in June.

Ideas so far:
- Do a tour of Scotland, mainly checking out the western side.
- Do a tour to Wales and spend a few days in the Brecon Beacons.
- Hop on a ferry and head to Holland and make my way back, either via some of Germany or just straight through Belgium to Calais then homeward bound.

If I find myself with a good 4-6 weeks during decent months, I'll probably try making my trip to Italy happen. I had plans of doing Alpe d'Huez and Mont Ventoux this year (one on the way to Italy, the other on the way home). It would be nice - but all depends on time! I also need to go to Denmark this year, so it would be good if I could tie that in with a cycle tour. But, time etc...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well not much of a tour but it's all I'll be able to fit in this year...I'm determined to complete the Lancashire Cycleway this summer.
Aren't there 2 of them?

PS Yes there are - a northern loop and a southern loop. The northern one looks pretty spectacular. I've ridden about 3/4 of that, and about 1/2 the southern one.

Top Bottom