Where can I buy goose fat?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Tomorrow's job is in a canal - fresh water is always colder than sea water - and the forecast temperature is -12C. I just hope that someone else gets picked to go in the water first, although it might just be warmer underwater than it is on the bank.

The nearest Waitrose is 180 miles away - I don't think that'll work.

Gromit

Über Member
Do you not have dry suits? You can use them fully clothed, bung it on over your winter woollens and you will be fine.

Anyway is there something that states that you shouldn't be going in the water at all if its - something. You have every right to refuse.

Gromit

Über Member
Oh and when I worked as a ranger on the Grand Western Canal in Tiverton, the guys I worked with wouldn't go in the water without dry suits on even in the hot summer we had in 2005.

It'll be drysuit or hot water suit, and a cup of tea poured into the gloves too. Maybe even something wrapped roung the regulators / reducers to stop them from freezing (and a wee dose of HTFU). I just hope the A9 back to Glasgow stays clear / open so I can get home for the weekend.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Where are you working tomorrow, S-OT-D ?

... and pardon my iggorance but for what is the goosefat ? Rubbing on hands to keep freezing cold at 'just' cold ? ;)

I would have thought it might be so cold that the regulators could freeze = not good !!!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Gromit said:
Anyway is there something that states that you shouldn't be going in the water at all if its - something.

For detailed advice like that, you should be charging...;)

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Arch said:
For detailed advice like that, you should be charging...;)
:laugh: :biggrin: ... though I think he means "minus" something ....

... but you knew that didn't you ? :sad:

[wind-up emoticom]

Arch

Married to Night Train
scoosh said:
:biggrin: :laugh: ... though I think he means "minus" something ....

... but you knew that didn't you ? ;)

[wind-up emoticom]

oh! bugger. :laugh: No, I misread it.

(but ha! I know something about Gromit you don't....:sad:)

Sorry Gromit!

Top Bottom