Where do I stand here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
Don't know if this works with carbon posts but the last really stuck one I had i removed the bottom bracket turned the frame upside down left it outside secure and poured a bit of petrol down the tube and left it overnight thenat released it but it was a pain to get rid of the petrol smell

Clever them nats

I sold a 45 year old Volvo Amazon on ebay years ago, which turned out to have all sorts of faults which I had no idea about. I got an extremely irate email from the guy who'd bought it telling me in some detail all the things that were wrong with it. Did I give him any money back, or even respond to his message? No. As far as I was concerned, he'd bought the thing unseen, I'd described it as honestly as I could and that was the end of it.
I'm afraid your bike is in the same boat. Get it fixed and chalk it up to experience.

U

User6179

I sold a 45 year old Volvo Amazon on ebay years ago, which turned out to have all sorts of faults which I had no idea about. I got an extremely irate email from the guy who'd bought it telling me in some detail all the things that were wrong with it. Did I give him any money back, or even respond to his message? No. As far as I was concerned, he'd bought the thing unseen, I'd described it as honestly as I could and that was the end of it.
I'm afraid your bike is in the same boat. Get it fixed and chalk it up to experience.

But you would expect a 45 year old car to have a bit of wear :smile:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
guys i totally agree the op should have have checked seat and handlebar stems were free but for whatever reason he didnt , but then seller should have checked they were free to move before he listed bike .

op should have contacted seller when fault first discovered .

did seller list bike sold as seen or as spares ?

and a note to all do all of use the same name on all the forums they use ......... i can think of 3 or 4 people who dont so the seller might also be a regular on here

screenman

Legendary Member
I would say that the bike was sold fit for use, just that the buyer is the wrong size, which is not the sellers problem.

Top Bottom