Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Outside, but secured in specific facilities

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In the building somewhere

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Inside, within eyesight at all times

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Locked outside at rear of office. Bike cover transported in rucksack. I get changed in the disabled toilet - baby wipes, a towel and a basin. Fortunately, as there are no disabled people at the office, I'm not preventing anyone from using the loo !

Bad point, open plan air con offices - nowhere to dry cclothing other than draped over the rucksack under the desk.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
We have covered bike racks carefully hidden be a large laurel bush, there are 20 spaces and when I arrived this morning 30 bikes... There is another such bike shed somewhere round the back, but that would mean disappointing the rather attractive receptionist who always gives me a big smile when I walk in wearing Lycra shorts...

gbb

Legendary Member
Being an engineer, it gets you places others cant go, so mine goes in the compressor shed. Only we have the keys, its dry and out of sight.

Cycle racks that all the other staff use...no 'kin way. Ive seen the way they pile bikes against each other, bang them about getting theirs out, and its open to public eyes. No sir, not for me.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
In a fenced (welded 3mm rod) compound with about 50 sheffield stands. Keyfob controlled motorised gate, carpark attendant in adjacent hut, police station over the road, offices overhead but open to the sides.
Usually about 40-45 bikes on the 50 stands.

Showers apparently do exist, but I've never gone hunting for them.

The ground floor of our building is a car park for 6 or 7 cars and a couple of dozen bikes.
When i joined the firm we had lockers , showers, a gym and a security guard on the car park.
We've since been bought out by a listed business. The gym went first, the lockers next, then the showers.
We still have the parking area but the bikes get nicked and we get a nice picture a twonk in a hat sent from a camera operator in Milton Keynes!!

I think Im gonna have to leave.

bonj2

The park is his office Bonj.
not sure i understand what you mean, really, but ... is he related to jeremy in peep show?
"the hall is my church, the lounge is my church, costcutters is a ...bloody... cathedral!"
"the streets are my office... the park is my office"...

CotterPin

I work in the More London complex, next door to the GLA offices. I share cycle parking space with Ken (if he cycled).

fossyant

I know a place where the bikes are kept in the office, and that's lots of bikes ! And it's a place over-run by bikes and has the facilities...........

Manchester Velodrome - the British Cycling staff's bikes are kept in the office - how cool is that !

Soltydog

Legendary Member
We have a specific room for bikes, kitted out with about 12 sheffield stands.
It has a security number lock & a key lock, so pretty secure.

There's about half a dozen old bikes, mainly cheap mountain bikes which have been disguarded & are just sat in one corner gathering dust. Anyone know of any charity that would welcome these ?

Road Fiddler

I dream about having some of the facilities that you guys have my employers dont give a hoot. at the moment we have an old shed which is missing the door after it was kicked in by thieves one night. We are about to move premises and when i asked about cycling facilities i got a blank look and a reply of that's not our problem. It turns out there is a cycle shelter there but its shared with other companies. I have seen a picture of it and it was empty but i want to have a look for myself to see if it is used as a fag shed and to see how secure it is.

To be fair my company is crap and i dont see any benefits for working for them and am in the process of finding a job.

fossyant

Yep, most of the co's I've been with don't give a hoot - the cycle lock/rack I use is crap - have to position the bike outside of the lock to fit my d-lock through and only have a toilet to change - although disabled (no disabled staff) so have room to move without standing in pee.

Never had good facilities for a long time... most exclude use of my road bikes at all cos they are expensive - my mid level Deore LX mtb no suspension, even at 12 years old, is still far better than the new crap that sits about - i.e thief magnet - Like most cyclists, I'd destroy a cheap bike.

My mate used to use a £200 steel gas tube road bike for winter, he was a tall but light bloke, but managed to break 3 frames easily given the use in winter. !!

longers

Legendary Member
Mine is in eyesight at all times only because it's a very big workshop. In the other workshop there's usually a dozen bikes and only 4 people who cycle in.(Joe renovates them) (quite often when he's supposed to be working) (sssh!)

col

Legendary Member
I can lock mine up in the corridor of the main building,but theres no facilities,again similar to road fiddler,my co is crap,and most of us are looking for other jobs.

tomb1960

Mine is in my office which I share with one other person, it leans against some filing cabinets which neither of us ever seem to need to go in, which reminds me I must see what's in there one day!

Top Bottom