Where do you put your bicycle when catching the bus?

Where do you put your bicycle when catching the bus?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What is a bus?

df26ba2c8dd2755cc0d1dbbe0505dc3f_zpsd4f3cca4.jpg

:laugh::becool:

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
A case of a problem caused by a lack of integrated transport, a common failing throughout the land:sad:.
The only place I can recall seeing good bike bus interfaces was in rural Orkney where bus stops had a shelter and sheffield stands sitting side by side.
It would take a strong heart to cycle very far on a daily basis in Orkney throughout the winter mind you:whistle:.
In Shetland I've seen kids ride to the bus stop to catch the school bus. They leave their bikes UNLOCKED in the bus shelter until they get back from school and ride home. Obviously no-one steals bikes in rural Shetland :smile:. Probably couldn't risk that in many places in the UK.

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
For me:
Journey by bus takes over an hour costs £4.
Journey by bike takes 35 minutes and is free.

Ride your bike, get fitter, show your friends your amazing thighs!

Debade

Über Member
I glanced through many of the replies so I expect by this point, you are not reading anymore. As a person who supports the "first and last mile" of commuting http://publictransport.about.com/od/Transit_Planning/a/The-Last-Mile-Problem.htm, you may want to try to become an advocate to solve your problem for you and others. Many buses in the USA now have bike carriers http://www.metrotransit.org/bicycle-racks-on-buses-and-trains And, while many cities in the States have terrible infrastructure, they have found the funding for adding bike racks on buses. The other is proper bike racks or storage. No different than the train stations in many European cities. In the meantime, if there is a business or home near the bus stop, perhaps the owner would allow you to lock your bike on their property.

snorri

Legendary Member
If I did ever need to get the bus home, our buses have bike racks at the front....
Unfortunately, in the UK we have Construction and Use regulations for motor vehicles which prohibit the fitting of bike racks on the front. I know of one local route where racks on the back of the buses have been trialled but have not heard the findings of the trials. The route chosen for the trial is that used to get mountain bikers from a larger conurbation to a mountain bike man-made trail, and not a commuter route.

Top Bottom