Where do you sit when camping?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pottsy

Pottsy

GrahamG said:
I love mine - you can lean back just fine but you need to have your legs out straight. Took it backpacking with a mate a couple of months back, it's the best stoned chair ever.
:blush:

Magna

The thermarest chair kit is awesome. Closest thing to sofa comfort that you can get for such a small additional weight. I am the envy of everyone on our camping trips because you truely can have your back supported if you have it appropriately tensioned.

Make sure you have a heavy duty bin liner or something to prevent the damp ground getting to the kit.

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
The thermarest chair kit is awesome. Closest thing to sofa comfort that you can get for such a small additional weight. I am the envy of everyone on our camping trips because you truely can have your back supported if you have it appropriately tensioned.

Make sure you have a heavy duty bin liner or something to prevent the damp ground getting to the kit.
Wise words.

Chonker

Veteran
I have a thermarest chair for hiking and i find it pretty good, definately need somewhere to sit down at the end of the day and it's really the best option. For cycling I've got a trike to sit on of course :smile:

Not tried either of these but they are other options I came across when I was looking for something

http://www.slinglight.com/information.htm

http://www.terra-nova.co.uk/Product...ro_Chair_Silver-Black.html?view=specification

The problem with these with hiking is the metal frame means they only go so small, probably not such a problem to attach to a bike though

Mycroft

the sling light looks very interesting, anyone tried one?

I imagine from the pics that it would be great once at camp, where to put it on the bike though? thats what would get it left at home.

wonder what the postage costs run to or if they have a UK distributor?

willem

Über Member
Does anyone have experience with the Terra Nova chair? It is only marginally heavier than the Hagloffs I have, and it looks more comfortable.
Willem

numbnuts

Legendary Member
triptix said:
Really like that- where did you get it?
I was hoping nobody would ask this as I don't know, it was on the internet and sold as motorcyclist camping chair, I'll see if I can find the invoice and web address

it's called the "sunncamp collapsible low chair" and was £14.99 back in 2005
I did a search and it looks like they don't make them anymore

Alun

Guru
I like to sit in the sun outside a pub, with a pint of bitter and a packet of crisps when I'm camping. Mind you I like to do that anyway !

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Alun said:
I like to sit in the sun outside a pub, with a pint of bitter and a packet of crisps when I'm camping. Mind you I like to do that anyway !

....or a quart by the look of it!!

triptix

numbnuts said:
I was hoping nobody would ask this as I don't know, it was on the internet and sold as motorcyclist camping chair, I'll see if I can find the invoice and web address

it's called the "sunncamp collapsible low chair" and was £14.99 back in 2005
I did a search and it looks like they don't make them anymore

Thanks for looking :biggrin:

Top Bottom