Where do you Store your Lunchbox?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Carradice saddle bag or barbag.

Reactions: mjr
OP
OP
MahatmaAndhi

MahatmaAndhi

Panniers won't work. The lunchbox would be on its side. The bag that fits on top of the rack is what I have now (see avatar). But I don't want a rack on my newest bike.

The handlebar bag looked like the best option, but finding one big enough was a nightmare. But I think I have and it was a tenner. Waterproofing isn't a requirement so we'll see when it arrives.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190701_172034_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20190701_172034_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 12

vickster

Legendary Member
Why wouldn’t you put a smart lightweight rack on new bike if using to commute? You could just take the bag on and off

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Panniers won't work. The lunchbox would be on its side.
How big is the lunchbox? Have you considered switching to a bento- or tiffin-style tall one? Might also make it easier to fit in some barbag or saddlebag or attachment.

OP
OP
MahatmaAndhi

MahatmaAndhi

I'm pleased for you, but I have. Multiple times. As I said, I eat a lot of salads and leftovers from the night before (Bolognese, chilli etc) and have often found leakages. Get a new lunchbox? Sure. I could. But then I would still need to use a rack which I don't want to do. It's ugly and I would still need to buy a luggage bag to put on it as the one I have requires you thread five bits of Velcro through the rack to secure it in place, which is just tedious.

I want simplicity. Pop it on. Take it off. And if I don't need to use whatever receptacle I happen to settle with, then I don't have some lingering remnants making my bike look ugly.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Get a new lunchbox? Sure. I could. But then I would still need to use a rack which I don't want to do. It's ugly and I would still need to buy a luggage bag to put on it as the one I have requires you thread five bits of Velcro through the rack to secure it in place, which is just tedious.
Tedious is having to ask what size the lunchbox is, repeatedly. ;)

I suspect a huge bar bag without any ugly permanent bracket will droop and spill the lunch too.

Top Bottom