Where have all the anti-vaxxers gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnno260

Veteran
You should have eaten it ! Then coughed on them :laugh:

He did follow me to the car spouting total nonsense, when he stood behind me I said l’m reversing and I won’t stop, when he laughed I said I will probably get a medal for it.

These people are total idiots, told me I was virtue signalling for wearing a mask, I said anyone can copy fancy phrases and use them in the wrong context.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
He did follow me to the car spouting total nonsense, when he stood behind me I said l’m reversing and I won’t stop, when he laughed I said I will probably get a medal for it.

These people are total idiots, told me I was virtue signalling for wearing a mask, I said anyone can copy fancy phrases and use them in the wrong context.

It's strange how this tiny minority don't think and say, 'hmm maybe all these other people must be right ?. Oh no, these hundreds of people walking past us 'four' are all idiot 'sheep'. :wacko:

Johnno260

Veteran
I won't be doing that.

Let's just say he is qualified as in he has a piece of paper that says he has a doctorate, but he has spent time and effort trying to disprove what he has a doctorate in, and he has been sued multiple times for harm caused by his beliefs that he as printed.

Just as he has Dr in front of his name doesn't mean he is in anyway mentally stable, he is like that Dr Vernon Coleman a certifiable nut.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Let's just say he is qualified as in he has a piece of paper that says he has a doctorate, but he has spent time and effort trying to disprove what he has a doctorate in, and he has been sued multiple times for harm caused by his beliefs that he as printed.

Just as he has Dr in front of his name doesn't mean he is in anyway mentally stable.
Don't give him the oxygen he craves. You'll feel happier.

Johnno260

Veteran
Don't give him the oxygen he craves. You'll feel happier.

True but I take a very dim view on people spouting off false claims like these that put others at risk.

Also I take it personally as a few members of my family have gone so far down the conspiracy rabbit hole they're permanent residents in WonderLand.

These same family members have said some very horrific things to my wife who is a nurse, she has been called a government puppet, actress, murderer, compared to Shipman and an SS Nazi, these people are blocked now, but it was a shocking experience from people I would never think this of, when I called them out for their vile rhetoric all I got back was oh one of the vaccine side effects is it makes people angry, they didn't even see the total abhorrence in what they wrote.

Also comments like don't worry when the vaccine kills you I hope you have good insurance to invest in your child's future with a don't worry we will look after them when you die, this actually prompted us to re-word our wills, I have it in stone that this could never happen now.

You're right and in some ways, many ways it's wasted effort, but I have managed to sway some people back from the edge and I got a few facebook accounts and groups banned and some youtube channels de-platformed, I know you can't save the diehards, but it's the people they can influence.

One anti masker was raging on facebook about masks and he mentioned chem trails, all I said was next you will tell me you're a flat earther, he then went off on a huge rant about that and 10 people said I'm out not following you, win 1 for me, the next bread crumb exposed his anti Semitic beliefs and he got banned within 10mins, people like this shouldn't have a platform.

Sorry for the wall! lol

Edit: my next target is a guy who is claiming ultrasounds are retardation devices, yes you read that right..

KnittyNorah

Über Member
It's strange how this tiny minority don't think and say, 'hmm maybe all these other people must be right ?. Oh no, these hundreds of people walking past us 'four' are all idiot 'sheep'. :wacko:

The anti-vaxx idiots are just displaying their profound and disrespectful ignorance by persisting in this ridiculous mythology that sheep are stupid creatures moping about on mountains and doing what they're told. In reality, sheep are complex and sociable, building and maintaining long-term friendships and relationships when given the opportunity, and far more intelligent than most people imagine.

So the anti-vaxxers might want to think again about using the term 'sheep' as an insult to ordinary normal people ... I bet any sheep on a mountainside has more sense of social responsibility than does a typical anti-vaxxer.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
I think it's worth remembering that it doesn't take much to sway some people. It only took one poorly researched article in The Lancet to kick off the autism/vaccination scare.

Most people who've declined the vaccine aren't uneducated, gullible, or raving conspiracy theorists. They are ordinary people who have seen a lot of media stuff and thought 'There must be something in it if so many people are making a fuss'. Whereas most of us have read it and enquired further, and then made a decision on the balance of probability that the jab is safe, they didn't.

I do think most of them will come around eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom