Where have all the Nutters gone?- A lament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
We've got a bloke here who used to walk 3 steps forward and then spin a circle and carry on walking for another 3 steps. Used to take him ages to get anywhere. Even in the pub, he'd stand at the bar and every now and again spin in a circle. Very strange bloke. I still see him and he's now on some medication that has stopped him having to do this. Good for him but takes some of the variety out of life.

Did he work for The Minsitry Of Silly Walks by any chance?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Someone with mental health problems in Coventry used to have a thing for one of my sisters. I'd done well at school one year and my mum and that sister had been to the annual school prize-giving to watch me pick up my prize and we had just got home when we heard a loud banging coming from our back gate. We opened the back door to go up the garden to investigate when suddenly an axe blade came through one of the panels in the gate! A mad axeman was shouting my sister's name and trying to chop his way in!

Think "Here's Johhny!" and you've got the idea ... :eek:

The police arrived in time to disarm the guy and he was carted off for psychiatric evaluation. AFAIK, he has been on medication ever since.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
We had Micheal B*****s who had been at school with me. First primary then secondary until it was realised he couldn't cope in main stream education. He was a nice enough lad but had problems caused by bullying from other lads. When I was in the infants I befriended him and was regularly at his house, as were some other mates of mine. We tried to include him but he only wanted to be on his own.
At secondary school I would often see him wandering the edge of the playing field (it was a big field with 4 football pitches a couple of rugby pitches and the cricket wicket in the middle) at lunch time to avoid the bullying. I'm sure the staff knew what was happening but as long as it wasn't in their lesson.
Well he left to go to a special school. I did see him a few times about the village after I'd left school and tried to speak to him but it was difficult as he now avoided contact with everyone. I think he expected to be bullied or abused. I heard that he died in his late 20's but don't know what off.

Then there was Pat and Mike who were mentally handicapped but got into the local club at the weekend. Pat had a tattoo of Rambo on one arm and liked to be called Rambo. They would pester the bands that played there for autographs. And Rambo, in his dirty vest, tried it on with all the women band members. And to be fair they never patronised either of them but were friendly to them as they were well known in the club even though we laughed at them our lives would have been less without them. I don't know about Mike but Pat was the result of his mother also being his sister. He was one of three siblings from this relationship. I never understood why the authorities had not stepped in sooner.

There was George (not Chicken) who I'd see on the bus into town (Doncaster). He thought he was in the army. He would tell me of the nuclear missiles he guarded at the local airbase and the mission he'd been on overseas. He'd never been further than Bridlington. At one point he had a set of six shooters and a stetson and would walk down the street with the swagger of a gunslinger.

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Someone with mental health problems in Coventry used to have a thing for one of my sisters. I'd done well at school one year and my mum and that sister had been to the annual school prize-giving to watch me pick up my prize and we had just got home when we heard a loud banging coming from our back gate. We opened the back door to go up the garden to investigate when suddenly an axe blade came through one of the panels in the gate! A mad axeman was shouting my sister's name and trying to chop his way in!

Think "Here's Johhny!" and you've got the idea ... :eek:

The police arrived in time to disarm the guy and he was carted off for psychiatric evaluation. AFAIK, he has been on medication ever since.

Crikey!

One of my brothers' mates locked his little brother in a wardrobe, put a matress up against it and set it on fire......but i think we're getting a bit off topic when we get on to that kind of thing.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
There were 2 brothers at my school. 1 in my year and the other in my younger brother's. Don't who did the piercing but one of them wanted his ear pierced. He used a hammer, panel pin and wooden draining board. Then left his brother there pinned to the drainer. Both are what you'd call normal, jobs, families etc. But still Bladdy Natters.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Reminds me vaguely of a boy I was at school with. There was something not quite right with him, mainly I think because his Dad was in the Navy and was hardly ever about and his Mum couldn't control him, but he was a bit odd at times anyway.

I remember one day, he appeared at School looking a bit strange. It turned out he had physically pulled his hair out at the front, leaving him with an inverted V shaped fringe.

The last I heard he had been arrested for dealing Cocaine or similar, but I don't think his fringe ever properly recovered!

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Glen Atkins- one of the school's criminal nutjob element. I got on well with him, despite not moving in the same circles. One morning break, i noticed he had a dubious looking plastic bag swinging from his wrist.

'What's in the bag Glen?'

'shoot.'

'Oh.' Didn't think much more of it at the time.

Lunchtime. A furious headmaster stomps into the canteen to bellow that there would be noone leaving the building, there was to be an lunchtime assembly. Oo er trouble.

He spent the next two hours bollocking and interrogating the entire school in the assembly hall trying to found out who had defaced the loos with excrement.

Last time I saw glen he was looking surly swigging cider from a bottle in picadilly gardens.

tiswas-steve

Über Member
Anyone seen my camel ?

Shaun

Founder
Me and my mates used to think we had a Russian spy living near us. We were only schoolkids and we used to regularly see her leave her house in a morning as we walked past it on the way to school. Tall, slender, 40'ish with long dark hair - but the thing that made her a real Russian spy was the M&S beige trenchcoat!! :eek:

Too many James Bond movies and a typically over-active kids imagination ... :thumbsup:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
'Lesbian Woman'

There is a woman in probably her '70s who I have seen in Dumbarton a few times. She walks about in a large flowerprint dress and hat, but what marks her out is that she seems to think everyone is talking about her, and will react, often with rather amusing consequences.

I remember one day, I was waiting for a bus on the high street along with various other people, including a couple of teenage girls and this woman.
The girls were talking amongst themselves, when all of a sudden this woman started in a very loud voice

'I am NOT a Lesbian! I heard you saying I was, don't deny it!' (Indicating to the girls, who simultaneously starting pissing themselves with laughter whilst defending themselves).

She went onto to tell us all several times that she wasn't, the local paper had said that she was, but she had fought to clear her name, but now everyone (apparently) thought that she was, and that, if she heard anyone else calling her one again she'd call the Police.

We were all standing thinking 'WTF?' and there was a lot of rather bemused laughter, which obviously didn't make matters any better. We didn't quite know what to do.
Eventually she just wandered off.

I didn't hear what the girls had said, but it was clear they didn't know this woman from Adam, and if they had, then they couldn't have given the tiniest little flying fart about her.

I've seen her since but I stay clear!

Nutter school connections ...

One chap I was at school with (year above me) is serving life for mass murder of his family. He was a bit of a strange one even back then.

Another lad was arrested for planting a bomb in the school assembly hall in an attempt to frame up another boy he had an ongoing vendetta with.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
There's a young-ish chap I used to see regularly on my ride home. He basically dances around to his MP3 on a street corner on the A38 near Almondsbury.

The odd thing is that he usually wears blue riot police overalls and wields a long baton with his dance moves, and he has a police riot helmet which he puts on whilst doing this. One evening he was swinging a chain around and wrapping it around a lamp-post.

I had not seen him for months until the other evening when he was there again, just doing his thing.

Once I saw him approach a lone female driver stopped at the lights, so I stayed back & called the Police. She was able to drive off but it could have been intimidating for her. I would find him intimidating if he approached me as he is tall & looks pretty strong.

TVC

In Leicester in the mid '80s we had a lamp post tester.

This guy, beyond retirement age, had a piece of broom handle with various wires and electrical components fastened to it. 'Plugged' into this stick was a nice old fashioned set of headphones and something he held in his spare hand - no idea what. Anyway he would walk up to a lamp post or telegraph pole, give it a good firm tap with the stick and listen intently through his headphones before nodding and moving on to the next pole.

He was around for a good couple of years in the London Road area then was never seen again. I've always hoped that no harm had come to him as he was just a quiet old man doing what he did, clearly he wasn't like most of us, but he was always happy and seemed contented in his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom