Where in Britain would you be happiest

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Another bullplop quiz to keep the brain ticking over

http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/z3g487h

62% South Norfolk for me is the best place to live - scores high on conscientiousness, apparently...51% Newham is my worst place to live and I fit in 54% where I live at the moment (Croydon)...best place near me is Sutton (57%), so watch out @vickster , because I might be hanging my pants out on a line near you, if I follow their advice xx(

Last edited:

ScotiaLass

Guru
The Shetlands :biggrin:
End of, I'm packing.......

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Best is apparently South Holland ... which I didn't realise was a place in the UK so I assumed it was telling me to leave the UK^_^

Worst is Spelthorne
Best near me is Bath and NE Somerset.

As a place to live, not taking housing prices into account (& buying what I'd want) I'd have difficulty choosing between;

Ilkley (and, I know exactly the house!!)
Otley
Beamsley
Haworth

Sherburn-in-Elmet
Barkston
Aberford

Hooton Pagnall (a Cotswolds village in, what was, the South Yorkshire coalfield area)
Wentbridge

Denby Dale
Upper Denby

However, if it was imply a location to have a house built (if you were allowed), it'd have to be by the River Washburn, down by the pack-horse bridge, in Dob Valley
If I was in the vicinity, I'd detour to go & sit by it
When I had my Landies, there was a right of way (semi-surfaced) that led to it, I'd park near it, with a flask of tea, and my 'Yorkshire Post', just soaking in the atmosphere
On the bikes, I'd just sit for a while

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
The Solent, Hants. Although I could be tempted to move to more hillier parts, like the Isle of Man or the Lake District

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Best for me is Lewes xx(
Best near me is Nuneaton. xx(xx(:surrender:
But the worst is NW Leicestershire and strangely I go up there a lot and really like it both for the people and the countryside, plus some great pubs. :crazy:

Brandane

Rain; It's not big and it's not clever!
Best: Broxtowe, Notts (wtf)
Worst: Corby

And I'm not fecking Neurotic!!!!
They recommend I go and live amongst my fellow neurotics :angry: in Broxtowe too :ohmy:. That's in ENGLAND ffs; I'm not going to live abroad!!

Worst possible for me is Argyll and Bute. Which I can see from the back of my house, and just happens to be where I was born and have lived there for two of the most enjoyable periods of my life :wacko:.

The best place for me near to where I live is Renfrewshire, apparently :laugh:. Aye, haud me back - I've always dreamt of living in Barrhead :stop:.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I think I would be most happy living right in the centre of London. Somewhere like #1 Hyde Park If I ever win mega-mega bucks on the Euromillions.
I love London, I love the people, I love the buzz.
As it is, I have to make do with suburban hell that is Orpington.

Top Bottom