Where in the UK can I get some Tektro brake pads P437?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MBosh

I can't seem to find the Tektro brake pads P437 for sale anywhere. I saw them on Wiggle last month, but they don't sell them now. Does anyone know where I can get them from in the UK or which brake pads have replaced them?

lejogger

Guru
Are they disc or rim brakes?

lejogger

Guru
Is there a specific reason you’re after that model? Brake pads are generally universal and you could probably get a decent upgrade for a reasonable price... I.e. throw some SwissStops on there or similar

OP
OP
M

MBosh

Is there a specific reason you’re after that model? Brake pads are generally universal and you could probably get a decent upgrade for a reasonable price... I.e. throw some SwissStops on there or similar
Do you have a link to some others similar to these? I'm not bothered about the brand, it's just with these ones I don't even have to remove the wheel. Plus I purchased some other ones once and found them to be too long. Cheers!

lejogger

Guru
I’ve googled Tektro P437 and I can’t see an image of them to know what to advise you. Is that definitely the right model number? Is it a road bike? A picture would be really handy.

OP
OP
M

MBosh

Try your Local bike shop :okay:
I wanted to get some online because they are cheaper. I also have to make an appointment with the LBS because of Covid19 and they don't answer the phone. I called and they had the door locked with nobody to be seen, so not sure how your supposed to make an appoint. The note on the door says to ring.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MBosh

Here's a pic.
s-l140.jpg

lejogger

Guru
If you’re replacing the entire block then how were the ones you bought too long? Were they TOO long or just long-er?

vickster

Legendary Member
Although... I’m very much an advocate of doing as much as I possibly can myself.
i’m all for supporting local shops... I popped my winter bike in for a new PF bb a couple of weeks ago, but I do all my own brake pads 😉
I meant s/he could buy the pads there

lejogger

Guru
I meant s/he could buy the pads there
of course! Might just be how my weird brain works but I tend to go for an all or nothing approach at the LBS. If I go there for parts then they also fit them. Otherwise I buy online. I’m generally after quite specific things that they don’t always carry a stock of.

Top Bottom