Where in the world

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

old bell

The other day I was looking at a list of 2014 sportives and saw one in Pataonia (Chile and Argentina) which looked interesting.

Although it is most unlikely I would go on a holiday like that I did start to think where in the world I would most like to go for a 2 week cycling holiday if money were not an issue.

Any ideas.

ScotiaLass

Guru
I know where I'd go.
To the Canadian Rockies!! I've been there before, but not with a bike!

Of course I'd have to be uber fit <falls out of chair whilst laughing hysterically>
I mean....I just can't see myself tackling this...and the wildlife....well, it's not a squirrel is it? :laugh:

*Edited to add I took these pics on my last trip there in 2010

IMG_6891_zps6368f2fc.jpg

IMG_6899_zps0ee11a94.jpg

IMG_6902_zps67eb0655.jpg

jhawk

Veteran
I know where I'd go.
To the Canadian Rockies!! I've been there before, but not with a bike!

Of course I'd have to be uber fit <falls out of chair whilst laughing hysterically>
I mean....I just can't see myself tackling this...and the wildlife....well, it's not a squirrel is it? :laugh:

*Edited to add I took these pics on my last trip there in 2010

IMG_6891_zps6368f2fc.jpg

IMG_6899_zps0ee11a94.jpg

IMG_6902_zps67eb0655.jpg

Canada is indeed a beautiful country!

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Whilst Canada is, and has been for many years, on the list of destinations to holiday at, I'd quite like a go at New Zealand by bike.

Thats too much like the UK isn't it. ?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have a friend in Canada who would love us to visit. It looks like a lovely country.

I have never been to New Zealand but that would be my choice.

Steve

jhawk

Veteran

I just want to go everywhere by bike! I've plans to do a LEJOG, a tour of Europe, Canada, and maybe even the US. Hopefully my darling dearest (whose currently in England - she's from there and we're great friends, and we've both got plans to travel, but she's finishing her Law Degree at Exeter Uni before trekking out), will be able to accompany me.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Maybe that's the appeal. We were seriously considering a permanent move out there a few years back, but it's gone on the back burner for now. Having watched 'The Man Who Cycled The World' and the follow up 'TMWCT America's' there were certainly some countries that didn't appeal...

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Or visit Melbourne :hello:. Yes, motorist attitudes are the same as those in the UK, but we have some nice cycling spots here, including some good-sized mountains, if that's your thing.

Top Bottom