Where to buy clip on kickstand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

john007

Just purchased Boardman CX Comp from Halfords and they say they don't have a kickstand to fit as there is no fitting place on the bike. Does anyone know if there is a stand out there that will fit. Appreciate any help. Thanks, John

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Nice looking bike and not the sort of thing that would usually have a kickstand fitted.

I would draw your attention to THIS recent thread and maybe question your reasons for fitting a stand to your bike. I have yet to find myself wanting a bike stand on any of my bikes in any situation. IMO a carefully leaned bike is way more stable and less susceptible to accidental damage than a freestanding bike perched on a stand waiting to me knocked off balance by any careless passer-by.

With practice, a bike can easily and securely be leaned against most solid objects with just the rear wheel doing most of the work and either the saddle or handlebars lightly resting for stability. Your bike does need to be level or facing uphill though. The only tricky ones are lamp posts or sign posts, but even here it is not impossible to achieve a secure position in most cases..

vickster

Legendary Member
You can use a drop bar to hook the bike around a post as long as not too chunky

I’ve not needed a stand for years as above :smile:

gom

Über Member
Googling “esge pletscher” returns a variety of hits. I’ve used a rear-mounted one for ages on my touring bike & wouldn’t be without it. Much the best way to park a loaded bike IMO.
I doubt what I have would fit with disk brakes, but there seems to be a variety of options.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I could be completely wrong, but it doesn't look like a 'fully loaded tourer' type of bike?

upload_2018-2-15_12-35-32.png

OP
OP
J

john007

Nice looking bike and not the sort of thing that would usually have a kickstand fitted.

I would draw your attention to THIS recent thread and maybe question your reasons for fitting a stand to your bike. I have yet to find myself wanting a bike stand on any of my bikes in any situation. IMO a carefully leaned bike is way more stable and less susceptible to accidental damage than a freestanding bike perched on a stand waiting to me knocked off balance by any careless passer-by.

With practice, a bike can easily and securely be leaned against most solid objects with just the rear wheel doing most of the work and either the saddle or handlebars lightly resting for stability. Your bike does need to be level or facing uphill though. The only tricky ones are lamp posts or sign posts, but even here it is not impossible to achieve a secure position in most cases..

You can use a drop bar to hook the bike around a post as long as not too chunky

I’ve not needed a stand for years as above :smile:

Googling “esge pletscher” returns a variety of hits. I’ve used a rear-mounted one for ages on my touring bike & wouldn’t be without it. Much the best way to park a loaded bike IMO.
I doubt what I have would fit with disk brakes, but there seems to be a variety of options.

I could be completely wrong, but it doesn't look like a 'fully loaded tourer' type of bike?

View attachment 395935

Rose bikes.

Thanks to all of you that have replied. Really appreciate your help and comments and have found one now thanks to the links. Cheers everybody. Best, John

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom