Where to buy cycle 'junk' (for art project)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi,
Feeling creative I am trying to construct a large piece of cycling art which requires about 9 chain rings and three cranks.

Is there any good source known to forum members for 'junk' cycling parts which have nothing left but scrap value? All those 1990's oval chain rings must have gone somewhere.

Thanks,

Dan

MikeG

Guru
...... Is there any good source known to forum members for 'junk' cycling parts which have nothing left but scrap value? ...........

There are plenty of Felt and Cannondale owners here. You shouldn't be short of offers. :biggrin:

vickster

Legendary Member
Ask in the wanted section. People often have stuff lurking, and will post at cost / for a charity donation :smile:

Otherwise scour fleabay

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
i have a 34 and 50 chainring that are worn and replaced. i also have 4 chains and 2 worn cassettes if you want them (with another chain and cassette possibly soon) let me know what you need and i can sort something out for you

Leaway2

Lycrist
There are plenty of Felt and Cannondale owners here. You shouldn't be short of offers. :biggrin:
Ouch! :boxing:

charlieivan

Join a local "Freegle" group and ask on there. I asked our local one for old bikes and was offered several. All are free as it is intended to keep items from landfill sites.

OP
OP
E

EspressoDan

Thank you for all the replies - I found a local man who does up bikes for charity and always has boxes of scrap parts who provided what I needed.

I especially appreciate the offers to post items to me.

Top Bottom