Where to leave the bike in North London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

barnstormer

Hi, I will be doing the London to Brighton ride in June and I need to get a few miles under my belt before the big day. I'm planning to ride to work as part as my regime and it would be nice to tap into some local knowledge about possible routes. I work at Great Ormond Street Hospital and, at the moment, cycle in from Marylebone station to the hospital, but that is only two and a half miles. I am looking to extend it so enquired at Finchley Road station (5 miles from the hospital) to see if bike parking was offered there, they said no (even though TFL website said different). I will be coming in from western reaches of the Metropolitan line (South Bucks area), I thought Finchley would be good as it's a zone further away to save a bit of cash as well!) So question is, could anyone suggest somewhere I could leave the bike at a station or anywhere else about 5miles from the Hospital (Bloomsbury area) so I could cycle in, maybe something on the Jubilee line! Any help much appreciated, thanks all. Barnstormer.

LOGAN 5

I wouldn't leave my bike anywhere public as you won't have it for long. Why not consider doing laps of Regents Park outer circle? It's 3 miles round and not far from your work.

OP
OP
barnstormer

barnstormer

Thanks guys, Finsbury Park cycle facility looks like a great idea but not quite the direction I'm coming in from (Amersham). St.John's Wood has 8 spaces and Swiss Cottage 6, but I'll give it a go. It's an old bike (1995) but would be a shame to get it taken, I'll take a chance. Cheers, B

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Sorry, my London surrounds geography's a bit iffy. I have only been living here 49 and a bit years.

Top Bottom