Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Canada

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • India

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Japan

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Graham1426

Germany= Cube

TVC

Orbea - In the Basque Country, don't even try to suggest to them that they are Spanish.

Ribble - Lancashie

SE - Long Beach California (though most likely subbed to China)

oldroadman

Veteran
If you ride carbon, and it's not madly expensive, then Taiwan is the origin of most frames at least. Simply painted in the brand colours of the "maker" when they unpack the container.

If you ride carbon, and it's not madly expensive, then Taiwan is the origin of most frames at least. Simply painted in the brand colours of the "maker" when they unpack the container.

Incidentally, the same goes for most commercial, volume-produced, steel, aluminium and titanium bikes as well. Taiwan, China or Malaysia...

PpPete

Legendary Member
Ti Frame (Audax bike) - China for the frame + homebuilt wheels on Italian rims / British Hubs / Swiss spokes. Drive train is Italian.
Dawes Tourer - UK for the frame (it's an old 'un) + homebuilt wheels on French rims / Japanese Hubs / Belgian spokes. Drive train is Japanese design, but mostly made in Malaysia, and with Italian shifters.
Fixed wheel - Carlton Pro-Am, UK for the frame and a rag bag of parts left over from all my other projects.

Saddles on all of the above are BRITISH. I have a proper British arse which is unsuited to those lightweight Italian plastic confections that are all the rage these days...

stewie griffin

Über Member
I wonder how many have got the country of manufacture correct? By that I mean where the frame is made not where the name comes from!
Marin used to be USA, is it not Taiwan for frames now? How long is it since a Dawes frame was "made in Britain"? And I suspect many more, it's not something manufacturers want to shout about.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Asssuming Santana made their own frames 10 years ago, the US, Britain, China and Taiwan. Plus German hubs, British wheels, Dutch build, and American couplings.

Top Bottom