Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Canada

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • India

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Japan

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sonmk

America - Trek 6 series RST Madone team ed road bike

UK - Raleigh M Trax - even comes with build cerificate and photo of bike builder!

Probably China - Halfords Apollo road bike

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Jeez, all over the place, I have 2 frames from Russia and 1 from the UK and 1 from the USA. Others in the garage are probably Taiwan/China, depends where Surly sources its frames from. As for components again all over, fair bit of hope so should be UK, some USA stuff, a lot of Shimano, a fair bit of German and if Mavic rims are French then a fair bit of France....n oidea on things like spokes and spoke nipples.

D

Deleted member 20519

'Designed and Engineered in France' - no idea where it was made though.

Trail Child

My Opus is made two hours away in Montreal, Quebec but some of the components are made in Asia. My future road bike is down to two choices, so I'll add that when I finally made a choice.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
How's this working? Planet X, Genesis and Charge are UK firms but the frames are mostly Taiwan I guess but my 70s Wilson is a UK made bike, they made the frame and I put the bits on and as far as I can remember it was in the shed which was in this country last time I looked. All the bits are from foreign climes though - is Campag still made in Italy?

raindog

er.....
..... is Campag still made in Italy?
Yes. And hand finished by dusky eyed maidens from Vicenza. ^_^

byegad

Legendary Member
I ticked 5 boxes and really needed a couple more countries to tick, and that was for one bike. These days so many components are made in obscure countries, from a cycling point of view I doubt even 7 ticks would cover all of one bike.

Drago

Legendary Member
Taiwan I think for my 2 Giants, my Alpinestars is one of the rarer Yankee built ones, Lord knows where my Pinnacle comes from, England for the Elswick Hopper, I think USA for the DiamondBack Ascent although I've never checked, and the magical land of rand McNally for the Carrera.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Made or assembled? My Ribbles are (part) assembled in Preston, components are from all over - frames - far east? Campag - Italy, Shimano - far east, saddle - Taiwan?, tyres - Germany. Mavic wheels - far east? Pedals/cleats - Look - France? Doubt whether any part of them is actually made in the UK. - and then there is the Peugeot - Reynolds tubing - UK?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
'The Felt' has 'Made In Taiwan' written on the front, 'The Pug' is of course, French (Peugeot), 'The Tank' was probably made in Nottingham (Raleigh), and 'Squeaky Bike', the BSO is most likely of far eastern origin, but I don't know where.

Top Bottom