Where would you emigrate to?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
+1 for County Cork!

SamNichols

Night Train said:
Vancover, BC, Canada.
I know of a beautiful and intelligent woman there who is also very sucessful in business. We're email penpals and she once proposed to me (sort of in jest but also to sound me out) but I couldn't afford to go over to meet her at the time to find out. However, I would just drop everything and go if she proposed again.

Why don't you propose to her, then?

I'd like to go to Paris, at least for a while. Or New York.

simonali

Guru
Not been to NZ, but have a feeling I might like it. Oz was too hot on me baldie bonce and Canada gets too cold in the winter, so not sure. Too old and can't be arsed to learn a new lingo, so NZ (if I like it when I eventually go there) or somewhere in the US (e.g. Florida, California) maybe?

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I'd LOVE to emigrate!

First choice would be France. Pretty much anywhere but ideally the Charente valley or Sault, in Drome Provencal. Or Salzburg. Otherwise pretty much anywhere in Europe. Or San Francisco. Or New York (for a year). Or Canada.

Anywhere but Leeds, pretty much!

As long as it was hilly.

yoyo

I would stay as far away from Ireland as possible.

I would emigrate to Switzerland or south of France given half a chance.

gbb

Legendary Member
I'm very taken with Cyprus. Not as a holidaymaker, but having worked there and lived with a Cypriot family (albeit for a short time).
I'm astounded how they enjoy life and themselves, friendly, welcoming and eat well. They dont get pished as rats to REALLY enjoy themselves, Bouzouki nights...i could go on....

If i could go anywhere and become part of their way of life...that'd do for me.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Lardyboy said:
Happy where I am at the moment thank you very much.

i'd live in wales, land of my fathers and all that (well land of my mother's fathers anyway).

Night Train

Maker of Things
SamNichols said:
Why don't you propose to her, then?
She already knows I would, the driver would be when she would. If she was to say yes now then I would go. We do have an issue of timing as we have never managed to both be single at the same time.

Top Bottom