Where would you emigrate to?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
anywhere thats around 68 degrees all year and where the government treats people as something other than a bottomless pit of money.
a clubmate has emigrated to dubai, or at least is living there whilst he's on a contract. he says it's great but no good for cycling.

Bigtallfatbloke

I think if I won the lottery I would end up with my main home in the Black forest somewhere, then I would have a place in Spain, another in the UK..say Norfolk maybe, and then I would have lot's of holidays to places like Greece, America etc

gavintc

Guru
My retirement comes in 4 yrs time and I therefore have a decision point coming up. My wife is Canadian, from Ontario, we met when I lived there for 2 yrs. I would like to go back, she is not so keen on cold Canadian winters. We have considered south of France - running a cycle holiday company something like that. Options .... we need to plan something soon.

Abitrary

Potosi in Bolivia. Good food, cheap booze, and the best looking girls on the planet. What's not to like? Maybe the man eating gorillas.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Abitrary said:
Potosi in Bolivia. Good food, cheap booze, and the best looking girls on the planet. What's not to like? Maybe the man eating gorillas.

Why? What's wrong with him?;)

Renard

Somewhere near Nice so I could cycle up into the Alps Maritime any time it took my fancy.

I've been around a bit and could quite happily live in south/south west France, north east Spain, within 200 km of Sydney or somewhere in the Greek islands.

I'll probably return to Stockholm, though, but would struggle with long, cold, dark winters, although my vagabond lifestyle (at present) allows me to have two-three months somewhere hot and cheap in the winter.

Top Bottom