Where would you emigrate to?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
melbourne, australia. i lived there as a kid, and my parents didn't stay long enough to give me entitlement to go back. my sister (born over there) could go tomorrow, but her hubby won't, the eejit.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I may well be moving to Canada next year... a quiet bit of Ontario. I like the look of the Nelson area of the South Island of New Zealand too... if it was just me and I had complete freedom, I would probably move back to Norway.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Nelson, New Zealand?

I'd probably go Switzerland or Northern Italy or somewhere in Northern Europe like Lubeck.

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
No intention of emigrating - I'm happy where I am!

yello

Nelson is a very pleasant town, and the Marlborough region is gorgeous. The sounds (as in bays) are stunning. There's a bit of a micro-climate there that gives the region surprisingly decent year round weather (comparative to the surrounding regions) and makes it excellent for growing fruit and veg... hence the decent wines that come from around there. If I were to go back to NZ, it would probably be to the Marlborough region.

I kind of consider myself to have emigrated twice now; once to the UK and now to France.

Bigtallfatbloke

I used to live on the Costa Del Sol in Spain ( the better bit!)..I would like to live there again, but it will never happen. Used to have me own villa with pool on a Hill with views over to Gib ....those days are gone...but that is where I would like to live again.

I also wouldnt mind living on the German island of Fohr believe it or not...then of course there is the Schwartzwald... which is nice and probably a more practical option....but I still want my Villa and pool back....there's nothing quite like a cold beer, chilled in your own pool in a 45 degree summer day....proper beer like...none of that San Miguel crap.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Vancover, BC, Canada.
I know of a beautiful and intelligent woman there who is also very sucessful in business. We're email penpals and she once proposed to me (sort of in jest but also to sound me out) but I couldn't afford to go over to meet her at the time to find out. However, I would just drop everything and go if she proposed again.

Top Bottom