Where's mudsticks?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I'm wondering where I can go to avoid the coronation malarkey :laugh:

Come hide out at the farm with me Anne..πŸ‘πŸΌ

We can plant out aubergines together πŸŒ±πŸŒ±πŸŒ±πŸŒ±πŸŒ±πŸ’œπŸ’šπŸŒ±πŸŒ±πŸŒ± and pretend that the rest of the world has disappeared.. πŸ™„

I can't remember which of 'The Firms' nuptials it was that I was avoiding at the time, but I hosted
'Royal Weeding' party which was a nice earthy alternative. πŸ‘ŒπŸΌ

OP
OP
annedonnelly

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country

We can plant out aubergines together πŸŒ±πŸŒ±πŸŒ±πŸŒ±πŸŒ±πŸ’œπŸ’šπŸŒ±πŸŒ±πŸŒ± and pretend that the rest of the world has disappeared.. πŸ™„

I can't remember which of 'The Firms' nuptials it was that I was avoiding at the time, but I hosted

Oooh, I might take you up on that offer. I had to give up my allotment after only a couple of months when I discovered that it's in the middle of a seasonal pond, so all my plans for fruit & veg have been dashed. I'll swap you a couple of hours weeding for a pound of carrots πŸ₯•πŸ₯•

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Oooh, I might take you up on that offer. I had to give up my allotment after only a couple of months when I discovered that it's in the middle of a seasonal pond, so all my plans for fruit & veg have been dashed. I'll swap you a couple of hours weeding for a pound of carrots πŸ₯•πŸ₯•
Oh no, how disappointing about the allotment..

Was it on a new site? Badly compacted?
Or had it always been like that??

OP
OP
annedonnelly

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Oh no, how disappointing about the allotment..

Was it on a new site? Badly compacted?
Or had it always been like that??

Those plots have been around for about 7 years. Some of the neighbours warned me that it might flood. And thinking back that field used to flood before the allotments were set up. I suspect the farmer thought it was wasted land.

I'm just pleased I found out before I got the fruit trees planted. I hadn't spent much money on it - just a lot of time & effort.

But I do help some friends with a private vegetable garden so we'll be able to grow stuff there again this year.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Those plots have been around for about 7 years. Some of the neighbours warned me that it might flood. And thinking back that field used to flood before the allotments were set up. I suspect the farmer thought it was wasted land.

I'm just pleased I found out before I got the fruit trees planted. I hadn't spent much money on it - just a lot of time & effort.

But I do help some friends with a private vegetable garden so we'll be able to grow stuff there again this year.

How about a paddy field?. Home grown rice.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine

Oh that's a shame, so some folks are going to put in a lot of effort there, only to see it fail, and maybe be put off ever trying again.

I wish councils would give more consideration the really good growing land around and in towns and cities and protect it as a prime asset to the community.
Theres so many potential benefits in terms of healthy food availability, environment, exercise and community building opportunities..

But I know the reality is that the monetary return via development value will get first consideration, everytime, when budgets fall short etc .

Anyway, it's good that you've got some growing space -and hopefully a home for those trees too...

Here's the first batch of sugar snaps waiting to go into a tunnel for early pickings in June..
An antidote to all that endless rocks and sky mountain scenery :rolleyes:

PXL_20230222_111943362~2.jpg

Ian H

Ancient randonneur

The new allotments here are the bottom of a pasture field, fenced-off, glyphosated, and divided into 'half-plots'. Fortunately, E was given one on the higher side, so less boggy in winter. Those that aren't tended quickly revert to buttercup meadow.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
The new allotments here are the bottom of a pasture field, fenced-off, glyphosated, and divided into 'half-plots'. Fortunately, E was given one on the higher side, so less boggy in winter. Those that aren't tended quickly revert to buttercup meadow.
Those buttercups make it sound like it could be fairly low pH..

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Is this offer open to other CC members? Asking for a friend obvs...:whistle:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Is this offer open to other CC members? Asking for a friend obvs...:whistle:

Ha,

I guess you think you'd get to do some corporate vegetable espionage, for the evil Maccy D's right under my nose, do you.??

I may be a bit of a country bumpkin, but I don't fool that easily..

:stop:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Ha,

I guess you think you'd get to do some corporate vegetable espionage, for the evil Maccy D's right under my nose, do you.??

I may be a bit of a country bumpkin, but I don't fool that easily..

:stop:
He'n'I'n'ColinJ had a very pleasant ride around parts of Devon last Saturday (see the thread somewhere here). McD was mentioned only after prompting.

(Newt'n'Pop this evening - while I'm doing silly things with apostrophes)

Top Bottom