Where's mudsticks?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Ha,

I guess you think you'd get to do some corporate vegetable espionage, for the evil Maccy D's right under my nose, do you.??

I may be a bit of a country bumpkin, but I don't fool that easily..

:stop:

Actually, I thought 'A day working on the farm' would be a really nice thing to do, a learning experience, a head-break from big corporate. Just planting and digging and stuff.
Anyhow, it' BK who want the Aubs info, but you didn't hear it from me, right?

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
He'n'I'n'ColinJ had a very pleasant ride around parts of Devon last Saturday (see the thread somewhere here). McD was mentioned only after prompting.

(Newt'n'Pop this evening - while I'm doing silly things with apostrophes)
Nice..:cycle:

Cannon fodder at Newt'n'Pop??

Actually, I thought 'A day working on the farm' would be a really nice thing to do, a learning experience, a head-break from big corporate. Just planting and digging and stuff.
Anyhow, it' BK who want the Aubs info, but you didn't hear it from me, right?

I hear the big corporates pay good dollar for their 'people' to go out and do team building days at 'down to earth' 'all in a good cause' type places like mine. 👌🏼

I mean everything has a 'price' at the end of the day right 🤔

What have BK got planned for the poor innocent aubergine then.??

Some dastardly intent to mince them up with lab grown meat and sell them as patties to the poor unsuspecting vogons?? :eek:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Absolutely fabulous , I’m sure you had a blast.
I did..
In so many ways - very lucky. 👌🏼

Not quite 'The trip of a lifetime'
as there have been previous corkers, and hopefully there'll be more to come, of equal merit.

But yes, pretty special all the same.

PXL_20220902_142430686.jpg

OP
OP
annedonnelly

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Oh that's a shame, so some folks are going to put in a lot of effort there, only to see it fail, and maybe be put off ever trying again.
Indeed, someone has already tried and given up at that plot. I've told the council about the problem and suggested that they don't offer the plot to anyone else. But next time the waiting list gets a bit long...

Here's the first batch of sugar snaps waiting to go into a tunnel for early pickings in June..
An antidote to all that endless rocks and sky mountain scenery :rolleyes:

View attachment 679005
Nice and fresh & green-looking :smile: I've some sort of greens over-wintering - maybe corn salad? - that I think need a bit weeding and I feel I ought to start some seed potatoes off chitting. It's turned a bit colder again today though.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Indeed, someone has already tried and given up at that plot. I've told the council about the problem and suggested that they don't offer the plot to anyone else. But next time the waiting list gets a bit long...
I guess that making a wildlife pond there would be a safety risk, but imagine how good that would be for all the helpful beasties.
Nice and fresh & green-looking :smile: I've some sort of greens over-wintering - maybe corn salad? - that I think need a bit weeding and I feel I ought to start some seed potatoes off chitting. It's turned a bit colder again today though.

It's hard not to start things at the first signs of sunny weather, but the last frosts are still a long way off.

I harvest peas shoots as a 'hungry gap' filler too.🌱🌱🌱

OP
OP
annedonnelly

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I guess that making a wildlife pond there would be a safety risk, but imagine how good that would be for all the helpful beasties.

I was going to have a mini pond on the plot. I suppose the newts I saw might have been a clue to the conditions 🦎

Top Bottom