Where's my parcel?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domd1979

Veteran
Indeed. The main parcel firms' depots serve such big areas it doesn't matter where you live, its likely to be some distance if you have to fetch something. All of the main ones are at least 20 miles for me and I live in a town.

Dave5N said:
I do and they're not.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Dave5N said:
Dishonest
Yup, no argument from me - but the company that has elected to use the shoddy firm but will (I would assume) have some record of it being dropped off with the shoddy courier who should then be liable for the cost of the replacement... they then may try to do a better job in future rather than just dumping items and scarpering.

Llama

Veteran
I have problems with the couriers to - the home delivery network is the worst - its the one when you order something bigger than a parcel from Amazon on the super saver and these hobby delivery drivers are the worst. total amateurs just somebody in a their car.
I find royal mail/parcel force the best as they can redeliver to the nearest post office to collect later. I have been thinking of getting one of these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Parcel-Safe...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=diy&qid=1229701767&sr=8-1

Does anybody have one? do the companies really take the pin number as a signature?

redjedi

Über Member
Llama said:
I have problems with the couriers to - the home delivery network is the worst - its the one when you order something bigger than a parcel from Amazon on the super saver and these hobby delivery drivers are the worst. total amateurs just somebody in a their car.
I find royal mail/parcel force the best as they can redeliver to the nearest post office to collect later. I have been thinking of getting one of these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Parcel-Safe...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=diy&qid=1229701767&sr=8-1

Does anybody have one? do the companies really take the pin number as a signature?

But what if you're not in to accept delivery? ????

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I ordered 2 pairs of biblongs through Wiggle which were sent by Royal Mail and hadn't arrived after 3 weeks. Wiggle refunded me and I went on hol for 3 more weeks during which time the goods arrived after all. I emailed Wiggle twice to charge me but they haven't as yet, some 4 weeks later. How hard do you think I should try to pay for these items?

Most of the problems here are caused by the parcel company giving the drivers an impossible amount of work to do ( I've worked for a few of them) They know this but put it all on to pressure the driver into rushing around like a maniac (this I never did) The driver then uses any excuse in order to save himself time. Many a time I've heard the bell go got to the door in quick time only to see the van/truck on it's way down the road. I've waited for things to come which haven't, phoned the company only to be told I wasn't in ?? Obviously a driver excuse. Like anything else in this wonderful country of ours the parcel companies are run by morons in shirts and ties who have never had to deliver anything but a couple of Xmas cards so have no idea of the problems experienced by the drivers trying to do 120 drops a day.

That's my moan over !

Llama

Veteran
redjedi they have a pin number inside and the courier companies can put this into their PODS as a signature - they then lock the box ready for when you come home - thats the theory anyway dont know how many will actually do it

domd1979

Veteran
Llama said:
I have problems with the couriers to - the home delivery network is the worst

Have found them OK so far. It saves me a lot of hassle that they'll deliver without a signature and either chuck the parcel over the back gate or leave it elsewhere out of sight.

buggi

Bird Saviour
can't remember which company it was, but i once went to collect a parcel from a depot (coz i couldn't wait any longer) and i saw them throwing Dell boxes around!!!! These companies don't give a poo! i mean, it's not like they don't know what's inside!

Mr Pig

Just to stir things, I much prefer carriers to Royal Mail.

I've sent loads of items by carrier and never lost one. Delivery within two days and if not you can phone up immediately and ask where it is. By contrast, if you send a parcel by Royal Mail and it goes missing they won't even let you report it for a month! And then you have to fill in a form and post it! It's a joke.

And I've lost loads of stuff at the hands of the Post Office. I'm not exaggerating, a lot of stuff. Maybe as many as one in ten parcels or more. Our postman used to used to just leave parcels on the front doorstep, in full view of the pavement and road! We had a word and he now leaves them at the back door, still at the mercy of the weather but at least out of sight of every passing tom, dick or ned.

I agree that it's just down to greed on the part of the companies concerned. Years ago being a postman was a job for life. Then they put everyone on six-month contracts so a lot men started looking for jobs with greater security. So instead of a guy who cares about his job you get young blokes who don't give a stuff delivering your mail.

We suffer under a government who couldn't manage a branch of McDonald's. Not just this Labour effort, they are all the same and are a product of our political system and a people who don't know how to give a damn.

Top Bottom