Where's the best place(s) to live?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by domtyler, 27 Feb 2008.

1. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

Oy - the naughty stuff with sheep occurs further west. ;)

2. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Yeah, it does do that. But when I was there, all my ferry crossings were as flat as a millpond, which was a pity, I was looking forward to some proper seafaring...

3. It's pretty much like that where I live. Only in my village there's no paper shop or pub. You need to walk half a mile for that.

4. Well as far as East Anglia/'sleepy Suffolk' goes, I wouldn't recommend Newmarket. Leaving my house to walk through the place makes me depressed. It's just....so...boring.....

I've done the whole tiny village thing as a kid, and I don't want to go back to it any time soon. Nice and quiet, but nothing to do, and an expedition to go and buy a pint of milk.

Cambridge I like, and I have lived there, but it's too expensive. Someone mentioned Norwich, I've not lived there but I have friends who love it.

London would kill me I think.

Hmmm this is actually making me think I don't really know what I'm talking about! Too quiet...too busy...somewhere is a happy medium....

5. simonali

simonali Guru

It's the spherical-headed freaks that put me roight orff, though! ;)

6. Crackle

Crackle Squatter

Simonali - Sig line. I just recognised it: Black Books.

7. simonali

simonali Guru

That would be no problem to me at all, as long as the walking is safe to do.

I've got a bike and a dog, so getting to the pub won't be a problem! ;)

8. simonali

simonali Guru

Correct. S'funny, I have sigs turned off in my options, so I can't actually see it!

9. Carwash

Carwash Señor Member

So's Chuffy's. ;)

10. Crackle

Crackle Squatter

Is it? Darn! I'll just have to watch them all again now.

11. Yeah pretty much. There's only 1 bit without pavement, and that's over a tiny humpback bridge which crosses the stream at the bottom of the hill. There's some lovely doggy walks and general walks around the place too.

12. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Resistance is futile! Moderator

I stand corrected by local knowledge. Although most of Wales is further west than Llangollen isn't it?

13. Graham O

Graham O New Member

Another vote for North Wales. I live in a small village on top of a mountain/hill with 2000 acres of common land to run and mountain bike over. Views over the Dee to the Wirral and Pennines and westwards to Snowdonia. Mountains to 1800 foot within 6 miles, Snowdonia less than an hour away and the fleshpots of Chester 20 minutes. And a recently opened Tesco only 5 minutes away!

I still consider myself an 'ampshire lad, but with all this, why do I keep thinking of moving south. I must be mad.

14. simonali

simonali Guru

Do you still have to speak with a Welsh accent to stop them burning your house down these days?

15. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Daft question. It's Birmingham, obviously. :thumbsup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice