Where's the crowd's i can hear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
As it was live, did they have have some poor person sitting there with his eyes peeled to the game, waiting to press the button for a crowd cheer when the ball went into the net.
With my attention span i would missed it
Your attention span is indeed a thing to behold Johnny! I explained that yesterday, you even liked the post. :laugh:
The game transmission is on a few seconds delay so the sound man / woman does at least now have a little time to get the right sound matched, although they hadn't quite perfected it earlier in the season and you'd hear some comically mismatched sounds.

I actually find that rather amusing - the knowledge that when the crowd goes "ooooh", it's because some bloke has hit a button in response to a shot on target.
It's an odd thought isn't it. As I say though I find that slightly easier to process than hearing Sean Dyche screaming "Ben! Give it! Ben! BEN! BEN! F*CK'S SAKE BEN!" and then yet another embarrassed "apology for any language you may have heard" from the commentator.

D

Deleted member 26715

The game transmission is on a few seconds delay so the sound man / woman does at least now have a little time to get the right sound matched,
Is that not so those who can actually see the game live can use online betting to always win, or is that the script to another film?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Nothing new in the idea of putting in sound of TV broadcasts. The BBC did it years ago at the launch of a ship I was at. They cut out the booing and inserted cheering. The booing was because the name of the ship was widely disliked.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Is that not so those who can actually see the game live can use online betting to always win, or is that the script to another film?
I think that's another film... "The Rubbish Bookie". It featured a rural Bookmaker from Cork who paid out based solely on what sounds he heard on Sky Sports. He'd often kick himself 3 seconds later. Or 3 seconds earlier. It was like Inception, but with confused bookies and even more confused punters. :laugh:

As I say though I find that slightly easier to process than hearing Sean Dyche screaming "Ben! Give it! Ben! BEN! BEN! F*CK'S SAKE BEN!" and then yet another embarrassed "apology for any language you may have heard" from the commentator.
Barely relevant aside:
When I played bottom league footy, we would sometimes play in public parks. The ref would read us the riot act beforehand about watching our language. I think there were a few bookings if you shouted loudly and profanely.

Top Bottom