Where's the crowd's i can hear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Just watching the live football on BBC 1
It's Man United vs West Ham. From the background sounds you would swear it's a full house of football fans cheering them on, but in the stalls there's not a person to be seen.
Very strange to think they've put canned cheering on. Have they actually put loud speakers up in the stadium lol.

I never watch football but even I know they've been doing this in the absence of real crowds.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I might be wrong but I've heard that they got the sounds from the makers of the FIFA video game franchise publishers EA...

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
They don't broadcast the crowd noise in the stadium, it's only on TV. If you watch on Sky you get a choice of pretend crowd, or the somehow even more unsettling and eerie (but genuine) sound of 2 or 3 blokes screaming instructions in an empty ground. The former is slightly easier to get along with, to my ear anyway.

There's a bloke who plays the crowd sounds on a mixing desk, hitting certain buttons to generate (hopefully) the right and appropriate sounds at the right time. I gather the game is on a few seconds delay to help that.

Drago

Legendary Member
Football is a dreary game. I wrote to FIFA suggesting that concealing a random numner of snipers within the crowds to pick off players at random might improve the spectacle, but only the North Korean's have adopted my idea.

D

Deleted member 1258

On a rugby match I watched last year they were using crowd noise from a football match, now I'm not a football fan and don't watch football, but several members of the family are Coventry City football fans, and I could clearly hear the Coventry fans chanting at times during the rugby match.

Top Bottom