Which 2xAAA rear light?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Searched Google for image of lower light came up planetx £1.49 each £3.99 postage bought 6. New bike and dog trailer could do with another one or two as well. Get them there very good.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I might buy this some day. Seems ok. Maybe superglue the joints to make it waterproof.

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LZL4O72/?coliid=I3DMKUYQGUL5SD&colid=SY4QZOF88OJQ&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Just make sure your seat stays are near vertical else that light just lights the sky and / or blinds those behind you.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Searched Google for image of lower light came up planetx £1.49 each £3.99 postage bought 6. New bike and dog trailer could do with another one or two as well. Get them there very good.

The Planet-X link was already in my post along with the photos!

Either the Phaart Bleep Dual at £1.99
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/LIPHBPDRL/phaart-bleep-dual-05-watt-led-rear-light

or the Phaart Booster at £2.99
https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/LIPHBSTRL/phaart-booster-05-watt-led-rear-light

Occasionally they are on a crazy offer for about 50p and 99p respectively but well worth the full price. (I have both.)

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
The models of lights availability change constantly. Cateye 610 tail lights take AAAs, are very effective and have stood the test of time.

Another vote for these. Been running them with Panasonic batteries which have been in since last winter. Probably better test how much juice they have left come to think of it.

I have several of those (may have said upthread)

If anyone is looking for a cheapo back-up to maybe attach to places where a light might come off (or where mischievous souls might help it off when parked) I can recommend this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Wate...-Lamp-Light-/131899396919?hash=item1eb5d11337

though I didn't buy from that source and paid less than £2 including postage for mine.

I generally standardise on cateyes and so have lots of mounts, including the clip that can be attached to belts/straps on panniers etc.

This light fits, though slightly tightly, into standard cateye mounts.

It does have two irritations - the switch isn't recessed nor does it demand a long press so if you keep it in a bag/pocket it will almost certainly switch itself on. And there is no rapid long-press switch off as with cateyes so you have to cycle through several modes to switch it off.

But minor irritations.

It is actually a pretty decent light.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Budget option is the "mycycle" 5 LED light from several cheap shops for about £1. Not really legal but nor are most lights suggested above and no-one is likely to question it as long as you point it backwards and don't strobe. The on button is a bit easy to press, so keep it boxed when bagged.

I'm fairly sure this is the Poundland light that I've waxed lyrical about previously. You really cannot go wrong for the money - bright as anything else out there, batteries last ages and lots of fancy modes to play with.

Avoid their front light though, they're bobbins. ^_^

I'm fairly sure this is the Poundland light that I've waxed lyrical about previously. You really cannot go wrong for the money - bright as anything else out there, batteries last ages and lots of fancy modes to play with.

Avoid their front light though, they're bobbins. ^_^
what's the mount though?
I consider light with non standard or not common mounts a pain and essentially a waste of money no matter how cheap - I have getting on for 10 bikes and like to swap lights over/minimise battery and recharging issues.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
what's the mount though?
I consider light with non standard or not common mounts a pain and essentially a waste of money no matter how cheap - I have getting on for 10 bikes and like to swap lights over/minimise battery and recharging issues.

I don't recall ever using the mount, I fitted mine to the clip on the saddle bag where it did sterling service through 2 winters. I'd imagine the mount would be pretty basic although at that price you could afford to buy one for every bike...:laugh:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
what's the mount though?
Belt clip. It comes with a mount but I forget which bikes it is on. It often clips to a high-low pair of cable ties between bag loops on saddles (I have to remember to sit in my coat tails!) or more often the rear rack struts and top rail.

The Planet-X link was already in my post along with the photos!

Appear to be brighter than the ones bought from China. Only fitted one so fatr to the dog trailer a Chinese one visible at the same time not as bright. Used in early morning and 10 PM very good. Thank you.
Note one faulty, not the light but the plastic screw. Money back no problems. Never asked them to post another one as bit harsh.

Top Bottom