Which adhesives?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
I plan to lay carpet tiles in my garage to start on my pain cave.
The floor is concreate. What’s the best adhesive to stick the tile to the floor?
Thanks in advance.

vickster

Legendary Member
Chewing gum? Blue tac? Double sided sticky
tape?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I wouldn't use the "all over stick down" method. Just glue gripper strips round the perimeter and lay the carpet itself conventionally without adhesives. That's what they did in our concrete-floored sitting room, and it's worked really well. It buys a lot of flexibility too.

BTW, try and make sure that wind-driven rain can't blow in under the garage door. If it does, your cave will start smelling dank and funky.....a bit like a mushroom farm.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
I plan to lay carpet tiles in my garage to start on my pain cave.
The floor is concreate. What’s the best adhesive to stick the tile to the floor?
Thanks in advance.
I'll confess to having led a sheltered existence. At the risk of being the target of a torrent of derision, may I ask what a pain cave is? Is it a synonym for a torture dungeon? Will the tiles need to be easily removed for cleaning / disposal of evidence?

Levo-Lon

Guru
I'll confess to having led a sheltered existence. At the risk of being the target of a torrent of derision, may I ask what a pain cave is? Is it a synonym for a torture dungeon? Will the tiles need to be easily removed for cleaning / disposal of evidence?

Bike trainer torture

Levo-Lon

Guru
Go with the carpet glue around the edge.
If it's a dry damp free floor house garage or well constructed separate you use double sided tape.
A good do with pva first.

Any lumps or holes may need sorting, if it's a tamp finish I'd get some laminate floor underlay.. Which might not be a bad idea anyway, give it a bit of cushion..

If it's really bad consider a screed? If it needs it and can be done level wise

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
If you are going carpet I would look at something like a cement mixing tray to stand the bike/turbo on as this can be wiped clean and washed, otherwise it could end up a tad smelly with all that sweat. My floor is painted, and easy to keep clean.

Top Bottom