Which App' do you use

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lee1980sim

Plain and simple, which app do you use to track your progress, and maybe a why...

I use endomondo, because it was the first one I came across I like the style / design and nothings swayed me to move to something different

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Map my ride for a very similar reason.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I was using run keeper until it went pete tong on me and gave me a false reading . Im now using strava and for the past few days it seems very good . Then again run keeper was good for a few months .

Hill Wimp

Apart from the battery issue are Garmins really that much better and what do they give you more than the app?

I only ask as i was all set to spend silly money on one when a mate told me about MMR and as it was free and i had only just started on my road bike i thought i would try it. It does give me more than enough info about my ride but i would be interested to know what more a Garmin gives.:rolleyes:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Battery use on Endo is not that bad for rides up to 4hours. I use Endo and Mapmyride simultaneously on all my rides and never run out of battery. Admittedly, my rides are never more than 4 hours, more like up to 2 hours most of the time. I also find that Mapmyride tends to be more accurate than Endo.

RussellZero

Wannabe Stravati
Cyclemeter on the bike, at the end of the ride it automatically uploads to dailymile, which tracks my running as well from nike+ running app. It also sends to strava (manual intervention required but v. Simple) Cyclemeter is excellent couldn't recommend it highly enough, I haven't tried map my ride recently, but when I bought cyclemeter about a year and a half back it was way ahead in terms of functionality and usability.

Finnjävel

Apart from the battery issue are Garmins really that much better and what do they give you more than the app?

I only ask as i was all set to spend silly money on one when a mate told me about MMR and as it was free and i had only just started on my road bike i thought i would try it. It does give me more than enough info about my ride but i would be interested to know what more a Garmin gives.:rolleyes:

I use garmin devices for running and cycling for ease of use, accuracy, battery life and access to data while riding. A phone app is usable in a pinch, but really no substitute for a dedicated device, imho.

Hill Wimp

I use garmin devices for running and cycling for ease of use, accuracy, battery life and access to data while riding. A phone app is usable in a pinch, but really no substitute for a dedicated device, imho.

This is spooky, i was only talking yesterday about The Iron Curtain trail that starts in Finland. Have you done any of it ?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'm using the Runtastic Road Bike on my phone but not all the time as it eats too much data to record every journey. My contract runs out in October so I will make sure I get something with more data than my current 100 Mb.

Mallory

I use a Garmin 800 and upload to Strava. Very good accuracy and helpful for being able to get lost and find your way home :becool:

Much more reliable than an iPhone app as the speeds etc on these can be well out compared to the Garmin

Hill Wimp

Not sure how you do that on this but i have got the Iron Curtain pdf by Michael Cramer. It runs from Finland for 7000km all the way to Istanbul and i believe its all dedicated cycle paths. Have a google if you can't find it PM me with your email address and i can attach it to an email.

Top Bottom