Which Bar Tape do you prefer ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well folks the spring is fast approaching and those of us with bar tape, white in particular, will be looking to refurb it. Mine is looking particularly grotty. Couldn't find any earlier threads so I am throwing this out into the electronic highway to see what brands the honourable members prefer in the way of bar tape. Anyone come across a white tape which you can actually keep clean longer than a week. I am interested in your experiences. Here's to your replies :thumbsup:

jack smith

Veteran
Lizard skins cleans pretty well for white due to the material used, once you go lizard skin youll never be happy with any other, bbb gel is the next best ive had. This new specialized s swap is horrid it it rock solid

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I wouldn't have white again. Much too hard to keep clean. Got the bike shop to put black on when it was in getting headset bearings renewed. Didn't realise how expensive the Lizardskins was but glad I went for it as it does look and feel nice.

RebornBumbler

You'll get almost as many recommendations as there are varieties of tape - it's a bit like buying a saddle.

I'd personally advise against tape with a strong adhesive backing (Prologo comes immediately to mind).
Otherwise decide whether you want 'gel' or not, and find something you like the look of that's cheap/on sale.

There are plenty of previous threads - try typing bar tape into the search box (upper right) :smile:

Doyleyburger

Veteran
I used to keep renewing my white bar tape and the best tape I ever bought was ....... Another colour !
Do yourself a favour and ditch the white, you'll still be scrubbing it every week whatever tape you buy.

Lizard skins get my vote anyway

I wouldn't have white again. Much too hard to keep clean. Got the bike shop to put black on when it was in getting headset bearings renewed. Didn't realise how expensive the Lizardskins was but glad I went for it as it does look and feel nice.
I know what your saying Mo re keeping white clean but it's the only colour for me. Will try the Lizard Skins. Never had it before. Was always cheap and cheerful Deda. :thumbsup:

You'll get almost as many recommendations as there are varieties of tape - it's a bit like buying a saddle.

I'd personally advise against tape with a strong adhesive backing (Prologo comes immediately to mind).
Otherwise decide whether you want 'gel' or not, and find something you like the look of that's cheap/on sale.

There are plenty of previous threads - try typing bar tape into the search box (upper right) :smile:
You won't believe me but last night when I typed '' bar tape '' in nothing came up but now when I type it in lots come up. Baffled :huh:

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Specialized Phat Wrap Padded Bar Tape
I have dodgy nerves in my neck that can set off pins and needles in my hands , this helps .Its not a fit issue as i can wake up with it and it gets better through the day but morning rides i need to isolate as much buzz as possible.

U

User6179

You won't believe me but last night when I typed '' bar tape '' in nothing came up but now when I type it in lots come up. Baffled :huh:

If you were reading a thread at the time then searched " bar tape " the software auto ticks search this forum only so if you might not find what you are looking for .

Top Bottom