Which Bike: Allez or Triban 3?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M
Just to clarify are people referring to the red triban 3or the white? I'm starting to think as a newbie I won't notice the different forks tbh.

vickster

Legendary Member
Either if you aren't too worried about the fork. heather68 above has the white one

I'd spend today pottering around Decathlon and other bike shops :smile:

OP
OP
M
Either if you aren't too worried about the fork. heather68 above has the white one

I'd spend today pottering around Decathlon and other bike shops :smile:

I've already called my local decathlon (Lakeside) and they're short on stock of the white one too! they told me to come back after I go away (10 days) adn then I'll potter round, I imagine I'll get a triban 3 though. Thanks for everyones help :smile:

Triban everytime.

As for the wheel weakness, it's just a matter of tweaking them straight away. Mention it in store to the mechanic at Decathlon and they will happily check them.

I didn't do that but I did learn how to adjust the hub bearings straight away. My Triban wheels have now done 1100 miles from new. They roll for ever and the hubs have no visible wear. They've been stripped, cleaned and regreased twice. Hardly much effort.

As for not it being a BSO and taking it on a sportive. I'll be doing my first sportive on my T3 tomorrow and I'll be enjoying trouncing the full kit w**kers on their full carbon setups on my "BSO".

Have you ridden an Allez?

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I've already called my local decathlon (Lakeside) and they're short on stock of the white one too! they told me to come back after I go away (10 days) adn then I'll potter round, I imagine I'll get a triban 3 though. Thanks for everyones help :smile:

HOLD ON...just seen an advert on the Telly, Halfords are reducing their Carerra TDF from £600 to ...wait for it...£300.

looks like its your lucky day!

subaqua

What’s the point
I think they might be fibbing. I was in there todasy and there were a lot of the new white ones.
I don't like them - mainly that carbon fork not being there and a cheaper gear change system ( microshift) the TRiban 5 looked good as did the 7 .

I think that Btwin dropped the ball a bit on the T3 tho.

subaqua

What’s the point
Triban everytime.

As for the wheel weakness, it's just a matter of tweaking them straight away. Mention it in store to the mechanic at Decathlon and they will happily check them.

I didn't do that but I did learn how to adjust the hub bearings straight away. My Triban wheels have now done 1100 miles from new. They roll for ever and the hubs have no visible wear. They've been stripped, cleaned and regreased twice. Hardly much effort.

As for not it being a BSO and taking it on a sportive. I'll be doing my first sportive on my T3 tomorrow and I'll be enjoying trouncing the full kit w**kers on their full carbon setups on my "BSO".

yup have beaten several all the gear no idea types on the predecessor to the T3 the sport 1. as Eddy Mercx said , Don't buy upgrades ride up grades :smile:

Daughters Triban 3 has had no wheel problems , mainly because i regreased them as I do with all new bikes . just me not trusting bike shops I suppose.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Now that's great information :thumbsup: and pretty much a bargain
If you want a bike that never retailed at the frrp and weighs in at 1.4 kg more than the T3 :whistle:

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
If you want a bike that never retailed at the frrp and weighs in at 1.4 kg more than the T3 :whistle:

All bikes in this price range are heavy IMHO and built to meet a price, the TDF does not seem to have a widely recognised issue such as the wheel issue of the Triban so if someone does not have the additional finances to address the wheel issues on the Triban should they be encountered then an alternative option could be appreciated.
If weight is something which really matters I would advise buying second hand as both these bikes are not lightweight.

Top Bottom