Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Tourer

• Mtb

• road

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

I ride a Thorn Audax, which is halfway between a road and a tourer bike. Best of both worlds IMO.

gbb

Legendary Member
First choice for me would always be the roadie, even though my 'commute' is only a couple of miles each way.
Bad weather or severe winter riding will mean the hybrid comes out..but i dont get any real pleasure riding it.

domtyler

Über Member
User482 said:
I ride a Thorn Audax, which is halfway between a road and a tourer bike. Best of both worlds IMO.

Nice bike! I am thinking of 'investing' in a Club Tour frame this year so long as I can convince Mrs T of the wiseness of such an investment! ;)

U

User482

domtyler said:
Nice bike! I am thinking of 'investing' in a Club Tour frame this year so long as I can convince Mrs T of the wiseness of such an investment! ;)

Thanks! Do keep looking at ebay - I got my frame and fork for £75! It was in excellent nick, and with £400 or so on components, I have a £1.7k bike for under £500.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
road, although i do idly consider using the mtb and going along the canal towpath part of the way.

i should clarify that i have two road bikes; one with sensible mudguards, lights etc which tends to get used in winter; and my "best bike". (see below)

Pete

Road.
For me that is. And the largest share to date (39%), so it seems. Don't know whether this is a representative survey though, since those of us who ride road bikes tend to be more than average represented in this forum.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Pete said:
Road.
For me that is. And the largest share to date (39%), so it seems. Don't know whether this is a representative survey though, since those of us who ride road bikes tend to be more than average represented in this forum.

probably due, as you well know, to the large shareholding of ex c+ers in this forum ;)

Top Bottom