Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Tourer

• Mtb

• road

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ash68

You ought to put cyclocross on the list.

+1 commute on my spesh tricross in the winter. Ideal with mudguards and panniers.

Keith Oates

Janner
I alternate between MTB and roadie, depending on the weather and state of the roads. However for me, riding the roadie really makes my rides more enjoyable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gavintc

Guru
It depends entirely on your distance and path/road surface. I have used an MTB, and old decrepit road bike from the early 80's and more recently - my winter road bike as my commute is now 17 mile on back roads. If you are likely to use a canal tow path or similar rough surfaces, the MTB is ideal. In a city, I would use a hybrid, and for normal road conditions, a road bike. I do not think i is a simple as - one bike for all.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Sometimes MTB, sometimes road, sometimes a folder.

Probably prefer the roadbikes, but it depends on what i'm carrying and the weather. Sometimes the folder offers a bit of flexibility if I want to go somewhere else after work but I don't use it often for commuting.

bonj2

if only roads, canal paths and tarmacked paths - road bike
if quite a lot of gravelly paths and kerbs - hybrid
if you're lucky enough to have an off road commute, then mtb, but personally i wouldn't trust myself not to get too muddy so would go on the road.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Since I only own one bike, and it's a MTB, then it has to be commuting by MTB !

I'm quietly considering going for a good road bike on the Bike To Work scheme when it renews this April, though :smile:

OP
OP
S
That's how I bought my tourer through the bike to work scheme, otherwise I could not to buy a £400 bike plus £60 Worth off accessories.
Cycle helmet, computer and front and rear lights.

domtyler

Über Member
In summer I ride my fixie road bike, but in winter it's my cobbled together hybrid tourer type commuter with front and rear racks, mudguards, child seat for taking littl'un to nursery en route, AirZound for correcting poor driving decisions, on one Mungo extra wide drops etc. Much slower but still quick enough and I like all the utilitarian toys on it.

davidwalton

Sorry, but it would have to be a recumbent, even though it appears recumbent cycles are not considered an option by most DF riders.

davidwalton

tdr1nka said:
If it's any consolation, davidwalton, I switch between a hybrid and a 'bent trike so I have only really had 1/2 a vote........?

T x

Unless training for a DF Bike race (CTC regs), I see little point in the DF cycle in general. There again, I might be a little prejudice:biggrin:

Top Bottom