Which bike makes you smile when you ride it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When I ride my ali genesis it feels efficient and workmanlike, it's very good at what it does, but if I'm honest it's a little soulless. All of my steel bikes have a personality of their own, my favourite is currently the Raleigh Sirocco: it's supple and responsive and even with its tight angles and short wheelbase it's not uncomfortable. But they all make me smile even the genesis!

Drago

Legendary Member
My Felt. On paper it's an average spec lowish range road bike, one of zillions. However, on the road it lively, responsive, comfortable an inspiring at a level that I've yet to find in any other bike south of £2k regardless of frame material or bling equipment.

It just feels soooo right, always makes me smile. To me it's got zing, pazzam, wow factor, call it what you will. The fact that it cost so little only makes the smile broader.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
When it is -10 or more degrees but sunny and even the car drivers dont like coming out, I cannot help but smile riding my Kickbike around the Danish countryside. I dont need to wear much gear to keep warm and the countryside is stunning. Cafes are rare to find and so I take my own coffee. But usually its in the bar bag to keep warm.

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1197.jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
29 miles this morning and about 25 miles of smiles and the others were spent cussing after 4 lots of chain dropping between front rings whilst changing down to go up hills

Top Bottom