Which bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marcg868

After briefly flirting with a Merida Cx300 which I loved till I had to sell due to financial difficulties at the time (2016)
I'm really missing a road/gravel bike.

Now I currently have a full suss for mountain biking and a btwin 560 which I use on the road and canal towpaths.

Would I be best off sticking with my hardtail and putting some schwalbe marathon tyres on or getting a budget Road/gravel bike.

Currently looking at the following

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...goryId=165710&productId=1246148&storeId=10001
And
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...5&categoryId=165710&langId=-1&catalogId=10151

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

DCLane

I'll have an XS one of these for sale shortly, probably for £150 inc. 2 pairs of wheels and never been used off-road but they're only suitable up to about 5' 6":

DSC_0297_WEB-LGE.jpg

DCLane

And finally, after probably ruining your thread, I'd have the Carrera. :okay:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
From the two bikes you've linked to, the Voodoo is the obvious choice if you want a road / gravel bike - the Carrera is clearly aimed for on road use with those wheels and tyres.

Both bikes are fairly basic in terms of spec though, so If you liked the Merida why not try look for a pre-owned one?

OP
OP
M

marcg868

I'm 5ft 10 so probably 54cm. Did have a 56cm Merida but it felt a little too big.
My hardtail is 18inch Medium as is my full suss.

Mainly want a Canal path bike that's a bit better on the road than my current Hardtail.
But I don't think 50 mile road rides on a hardtail will be comfortable.

Stockton cycling are selling some meridas on EBay at the moment.

Great shop with great guys, just a shame their Ebay account is new with zero feedback (new company after they moved premises and dropped the running).

Top Bottom