Which bike

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by marcg868, 11 Feb 2018.

1. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

If your 5ft 10" then the Carrera biggs has isn't too big

2. Pig

Pig New Member

Sorry to jump on this thread but same question. I commute on a pinnacle hybrid anywhere between 20-50 miles a week with hills. Not sure I want to go on a full road bike due to road conditions and some of badly surfaced sections leadin got a greenway. How much faster is a cyclo cross to a hybrid wheels? What are the the options?

3. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

I see you just asked on the thread about the Carrera tanneri, I recently sold one exactly the same as ive gone to a recumbent , if I didn't have medical problems I would still have it, I had 35mm tyres on the Carrera and found it not much slower than the road bike I used to have, the bonus being that it is equally capable off road as well, the frame size on the one @biggs682 has for sale is 21.3 inch or 54cm, I'm 5ft 7 and found it ideal, but had barely any seat post showing, I also had to fit a shorter stem, hope this helps

biggs682 likes this.
  4. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

At 5ft 10 you are the same size as me and the Carrera i am selling should be spot on size wise for you , are you local enough to come and try it ?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice