Which bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pig

Sorry to jump on this thread but same question. I commute on a pinnacle hybrid anywhere between 20-50 miles a week with hills. Not sure I want to go on a full road bike due to road conditions and some of badly surfaced sections leadin got a greenway. How much faster is a cyclo cross to a hybrid wheels? What are the the options?

I see you just asked on the thread about the Carrera tanneri, I recently sold one exactly the same as ive gone to a recumbent , if I didn't have medical problems I would still have it, I had 35mm tyres on the Carrera and found it not much slower than the road bike I used to have, the bonus being that it is equally capable off road as well, the frame size on the one @biggs682 has for sale is 21.3 inch or 54cm, I'm 5ft 7 and found it ideal, but had barely any seat post showing, I also had to fit a shorter stem, hope this helps

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I'm 5ft 10 so probably 54cm. Did have a 56cm Merida but it felt a little too big.
My hardtail is 18inch Medium as is my full suss.

Mainly want a Canal path bike that's a bit better on the road than my current Hardtail.
But I don't think 50 mile road rides on a hardtail will be comfortable.

At 5ft 10 you are the same size as me and the Carrera i am selling should be spot on size wise for you , are you local enough to come and try it ?

Top Bottom