Which bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
BenScoobert

BenScoobert

I just found out the crois no longer has tektra top mount brake levers. I quite liked them, I might add them later if need be.

I emailed Genesis to check and got an almost instant response, great customer service.

potsy

Rambler
I just found out the crois no longer has tektra top mount brake levers. I quite liked them, I might add them later if need be.

I emailed Genesis to check and got an almost instant response, great customer service.

Yes was told that by the bloke in EBC the other week,don't think it' would put me off.
Posted on another thread but might be useful here too-another to consider
Specialized Crux 2011

To sit alongside the Tricross range, the Crux is Spesh's less friendly more competitive cyclocross steed. A lighter fork than that found on the Tricross and internal cabling help to show it's purpose.​

It'll come in two flavours, aluminium and carbon.​

Price range (aluminium only) from £599.99 - £999.99

6a00d83451f74269e20134850c44bf970c-200wi.jpg

g00se

Veteran
Getting info on the Croix de Fere is easy compared to the Honky Inc, I've spent ages trying to confirm rear spacing, wheelset detail, bike weight and max tyre clearance with/without guards. I also found one posting from a guy that took delivery but it didn't come with the Avid BB7 but another mechanical disc.

I'm guessing the rear spacing is 130mm as it's a 10 speed setup but it would be nice to be able to verify these things.

Hi,

Did you try posting on the tech support forum from here. (Note, you need to sign up in order to see most of the posts there - for some reason, if you're a guest, you only see a handful). The tech guy on there is a fountain of knowledge.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Re bike size I am also 5ft 9 and on a 56cm. Lance Armstrong is 5ft 10 and rides a 58 cm, there seems to be a tendency for people to buy smaller sizes for some reason.

I bet you cant wait to get it out on the road now. Good Luck and enjoy.

OP
OP
BenScoobert

BenScoobert

Yes was told that by the bloke in EBC the other week,don't think it' would put me off.
Posted on another thread but might be useful here too-another to consider
Specialized Crux 2011

To sit alongside the Tricross range, the Crux is Spesh's less friendly more competitive cyclocross steed. A lighter fork than that found on the Tricross and internal cabling help to show it's purpose.​

It'll come in two flavours, aluminium and carbon.​

Price range (aluminium only) from £599.99 - £999.99

[attachment=89:6a00d83451f74269e20134850c44bf970c-200wi.jpg]

Its not listed on the models available from the supplier our work uses, besides I ordered now, just gotta play the weaiting game

Re bike size I am also 5ft 9 and on a 56cm. Lance Armstrong is 5ft 10 and rides a 58 cm, there seems to be a tendency for people to buy smaller sizes for some reason.

We're all different sizes, just go with what feels right I think.
You're right, I'm waiting very impatiently

OP
OP
BenScoobert

BenScoobert

Went and had a sneaky look at a CDF today :-)

Bought gloves, a track pump, little hand pump and regular pedals.

NOW WHERE'S MY BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!

JNR

I'm 5'9 and after fitting at LBS I'm riding a 51cm Pinarello. I couldn't reach the pedals with decent seat height on the 53cm so it just goes to show how different bikes fit you!

OP
OP
BenScoobert

BenScoobert

Just in case you were wondering Ben, it gets worse, by the end it'll make a childhood Xmas Eve seem like it flashed by :biggrin:

ITS COMING TOMORROW!!!!!!!!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haha I'm 33 :blush:

Lol I'm buzzing, and today will fly by because we're going for a 4D scan on our baby who's due in 2 months, so 2 great days anticipated

I'm just crossing my fingers that its slightly older stock and has the tekra top mount brake levers too, they removed them on the ones they're shipping now but it seemed wheelies bought stock a while ago cause all the LBS can't get hold of what I ordered and wheelies told me I got the last one.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

supermoocow

ITS COMING TOMORROW!!!!!!!!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haha I'm 33 :blush:

Lol I'm buzzing, and today will fly by because we're going for a 4D scan on our baby who's due in 2 months, so 2 great days anticipated

I'm just crossing my fingers that its slightly older stock and has the tekra top mount brake levers too, they removed them on the ones they're shipping now but it seemed wheelies bought stock a while ago cause all the LBS can't get hold of what I ordered and wheelies told me I got the last one.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Yeh good luck :smile:
Mine should be ready to collect tomorrow as well :biggrin:

Mine has brake levers on the drops and top bar however no idea of make.

Fingers crossed both our purchases go well whoot whoot!!!

rajthakur090

boo it wasn't in stock

Its kind of annoying when you want something and thats out of stock...Why don't you just check this fanpage "trackandtrail " on Facebook ! I recently got "Bianchi Camaleonte 2 (Disc)" its a Hybrid bike...got it at a decent price as well....

Top Bottom