Which camera then

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
First of, admin feel free to move this into the "action camera" thread but I didn`t want it getting kind of lost in there.

After much research, I think I`m going to plump for either one of these two cameras so would appreciate any advice on those of you that have them

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8...qmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_1x3ixro02q_e

https://www.evanscycles.com/gopro-hero5-black-includes-sd-card-EV340781

Now, I know there is a bit of a price difference but I can get the GoPro for the equivalent of £100 but using my Tesco Points

Cheers

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Didn't consider the gopro myself but I have first hand experience of the Ghost X.. It's stupendous! I did however do one small mod, I opened the camera up and cut the internal mic wires, the sound collected is via Drifts own external mic.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHxl8MuYVmA

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqbmguCCC8o

OP
OP
Sunny Portrush
Thanks for that - I don`t think I would have trouble with outside noise, in fact, the only thing it would pick up is me swearing as I grind my way up a mountain!

And you gotta love the A2 coastal road, epic riding either on bicycle or motorbike!

OP
OP
Sunny Portrush
I think I`m probably swaying towards the Ghost even thought the GoPro wouldn`t actually cost me as much. I like the way the Ghost can record for up to 5 hours, can`t see anything anywhere saying that the GoPro can do the same

T.M.H.N.E.T

Barely 2 1/2 hrs according to gopro themselves.. I had a 30 min e/w commute 5 days a week with the Ghost, never charged the battery all week - can't remember emptying the SD card often either. It is genuinely superior for the purpose

gopro.jpg

Last edited:
I had a Drift (wasn't the Ghost) and while it was a tremendous camera, when it bricked (just suddenly stopped working) the company were beyond useless. Wouldn't look at it at all, wouldn't consider repairing it, just washed their hands completely and said "ask on social media for some help" or "we can offer a 20% discount on your next Drift product" Really disappointed in them, and since then I have heard a few other negative comments about their customer service.

T.M.H.N.E.T

[QUOTE 5464493, member: 9609"]is the 5 hours, battery life or memory card

as it happens, 32gb cards do up to about 5 hours hours recording. Few internal batteries get anywhere near that.

The battery in my SJ4000 lasts about 1.5 hours. But I run it on external power pack that gives me 22 hours[/QUOTE]
Both battery and card really

T.M.H.N.E.T

[QUOTE 5464695, member: 9609"]5 hours is a lot of run time for an internal battery. Does it give the capacity of the battery ?[/QUOTE]
Offhand yes but I can't remember, interestingly it has 2 batteries

Edit

DSC_0050.JPG

Last edited:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I had a Drift (wasn't the Ghost) and while it was a tremendous camera, when it bricked (just suddenly stopped working) the company were beyond useless. Wouldn't look at it at all, wouldn't consider repairing it, just washed their hands completely and said "ask on social media for some help" or "we can offer a 20% discount on your next Drift product" Really disappointed in them, and since then I have heard a few other negative comments about their customer service.

I asked about a replacement rear hatch for my Stealth 2 (discontinued) and it took ages to get sorted out. Thought similarly to you but recently the universal clip snapped. Here we go, I thought ... first contact and they bunged a free clip in the post very quickly. Perhaps things have improved ?
I would buy a Ghost X now.

Top Bottom