Which camera then

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I should have checked what the main battery size is, as you can see the battery is beside the switched on camera :tongue:

Im guessing the lack of fancy screens/touchscreens/menus etc plays a fair part in battery life, the wifi even turns off unless it's connected to a phone/livestream

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Too late now if you have already bought the Ghost, but where you want to mount it can sway a choice.
The GoPro can be chest and helmet mounted for action vids, but other cameras are only useful bar mounted.
Is your Ghost versatile?

OP
OP
Sunny Portrush
I have yet to try it out. I`m not quite sure about the "sticky" mounts as the is not a lot of contact surface with my cycle helmet. I also have more than one bike so the minute I stick a mount on one bike, there it will stay. So, I may have to buy one of the bike mounts as I will also be cycling abroad this year and will be hiring bikes when I`m away.

Having said that, I do have some very versatile velcro loops that I could use meaning I can mount the camera right on the top tube between the hoods. May not be the most aesthetic of looks but means I can very easily transfer the camera from bike to bike. Spend all that money and then essentially cable tie it to the bike!

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Wouldnt sticky mount to a cycle helmet, it's not going to come off my motorbike helmet easily

I put a sticky mount on my helmet, and added a little cable tie. After about a year I took the cable tie off as the mount appears to be very secure. If it will hold on a motorbike helmet at 70mph it's likely to hold on a cycle helmet, I thought.

OP
OP
Sunny Portrush
I put a sticky mount on my helmet, and added a little cable tie. After about a year I took the cable tie off as the mount appears to be very secure. If it will hold on a motorbike helmet at 70mph it's likely to hold on a cycle helmet, I thought.

It`s more the angle`s involved in my cycle helmet - it has vents in it so the amount of material available to attach something too is limited!

Also, Im not sure if I want footage from up there either, there`s a lot of head rolling involved when pedalling up steep climbs and I think the footage would make me sea-sick!

This is what I had rigged up for now. I haven`t checked the footage yet, it certainly held the camera steady over an hour and over some bumpy bits of road. I didn`t even upgrade the firmware before I went out lol

DSC_0880.JPG

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Did you download Drift Life app and set it up? (Do this after firmware update)

The latest firmware offers 1080p HDR - I also turn THM files off, Instant record ON

OP
OP
Sunny Portrush
Just had a look at the footage and it`s a bit of a curate`s egg. Whilst the quality is very good, it seems to skip a couple of seconds in between each segment. I was recording in 10 min segments and as one segment ends, the next one starts when I`m about 10 metres further on. That is rather disappointing. I have an action cam that I won on the Larne-Cairnryan ferry (so probably costs about £20!) and it records continually. Mind you the footage isnt as clear

Maybe any firmware update will take care of this

And the microphone is quite good - I may put up a clip to prove that lol

OP
OP
Sunny Portrush
If you have the timestamp on, you`ll see it jump a couple of seconds between clips - just been out in car and set the clip limit to 1 minute to see if that makes a difference

Top Bottom