Which Cateye

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As the title says, used a Garmin for a bit borrowed from a mate but I do t use the functions and just want a cateye which u have used in past.
Speed, distance, time simples but so many to choose. Advice on good choice please

vickster

Legendary Member
Velo wireless

OP
OP
rideswithmoobs
Went for the strada seems that and Vicksters recommendation were much the same and I had a strada before and it was faultless. Also I can get it delivered tomorrow with Amazon prime. I lost the other when I moved house and no doubt when the new one arrives the old one will reappear

OP
OP
rideswithmoobs
Seems the more common method of mounting the sensor now is in front of the fork. On my trek I mounted the sensor at the rear and had no issues for 2 years. I followed the recommendations and mounted it at the front this time but it looks very exposed to all elements and out front than it did behind the fork before. Are most behind or upfront ?

Ajax Bay

Guru
Seems the more common method of mounting the sensor now is in front of the fork. . . . . Are most behind or upfront ?
Electronically it doesn't matter. "Exposed to the elements" - what, like the display on your bars? The sensor is designed to be so exposed - this is not a weak point, just make sure the battery cover is very carefully screwed back in place when the battery has needed changing.

Mounting the sensor in front of the fork is, counter-intuitively, meant to be better, aerodynamically. Marginal gains.

midlife

Guru
Electronically it doesn't matter. "Exposed to the elements" - what, like the display on your bars? The sensor is designed to be so exposed - this is not a weak point, just make sure the battery cover is very carefully screwed back in place when the battery has needed changing.

Mounting the sensor in front of the fork is, counter-intuitively, meant to be better, aerodynamically. Marginal gains.

Mounting on the front means if it gets pushed in then it will clatter against the spokes, behind the fork if the sensor is pushed in then it gets dragged into the spokes..............if that make sense.

Shaun

Top Bottom