Which chain for carrera kraken

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
My son has a carrera kraken purchased early this year brand new. Unfortunately he neglected to take it back to the shop for the free six week service and that along with general neglect has resulted in a twisted rusty chain (twisted after chain came off and got jammed)
What would be the best chain to replace the original?

Drago

Legendary Member
KMC.

OP
OP
S

steve50

Disenchanted Member
New KMC chain on order, thank you.

Yeah thanks @Citius , I have offered advice to the lad and it's his money that is buying the new chain, if he does the same stunt again it's his loss. The bike stands him in excess of £500, you'd think he would look after it better. (he is 22 yr old)

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
My son has a carrera kraken purchased early this year brand new. Unfortunately he neglected to take it back to the shop for the free six week service and that along with general neglect has resulted in a twisted rusty chain (twisted after chain came off and got jammed)
What would be the best chain to replace the original?
Holy bat flop....that's not general neglect, that's field marshall with all the gongs neglect...rusted to feck in less than a year? Where is your son keeping his bike - in the garden?

Edit - -how old is your son, or did you forget/negelect the bike......

OP
OP
S

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Holy bat flop....that's not general neglect, that's field marshall with all the gongs neglect...rusted to feck in less than a year? Where is your son keeping his bike - in the garden?

Edit - -how old is your son, or did you forget/negelect the bike......

He keeps it in the shed at the side of mine BUT he will not wash, clean or oil his own bike, he rides it to and from work then parks it in the shed covered in mud and grit, I have never come across a chain with so much side to side play in it in such a short space of time. It's just blatant neglect.
He's 22 yr old, it's not down to me to maintain his bike, he bought it he can look after it ........or not.

Andy_R

He keeps it in the shed at the side of mine BUT he will not wash, clean or oil his own bike, he rides it to and from work then parks it in the shed covered in mud and grit, I have never come across a chain with so much side to side play in it in such a short space of time. It's just blatant neglect.
He's 22 yr old, it's not down to me to maintain his bike, he bought it he can look after it ........or not.
Haha....nick it....but my immediate thoughts are....why buy him a new chain if he's just going to feck it, let him sort it.

OP
OP
S

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Haha....nick it....but my immediate thoughts are....why buy him a new chain if he's just going to feck it, let him sort it.
trying to encourage him to look after the bike, he is paying for the chain and I will "help" him fit it, it might just give him the gentle nudge he needs to start looking after his own bike.

Andy_R

For a 22 year old a 9 speed KMC chain is less than a round of beer for him and 2 of his mates....I would just leave him to it, don't show him how to fix it, tell him to google it instead....then he'll start to learn something...."you neglected it, you learn how to fix it."

Top Bottom