Which Chamois Cream? Assos - v - Moo cream or A.N.Other

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gary E

Veteran
It does feel a bit weird at first creaming yourself up.

But no more wierd than the first time you go out commando in Lycra :laugh:

Gary E

Veteran
Yep that's about it :laugh:.

When I started riding I put off buying Lycra shorts because of what I'd look like. After a while (and lots of chafing) I relented and bought a pair. Having immediately noticed the benefits I would never go back. Same thing with the bum cream!

Peteaud

Veteran
Yep that's about it :laugh:.

When I started riding I put off buying Lycra shorts because of what I'd look like. After a while (and lots of chafing) I relented and bought a pair. Having immediately noticed the benefits I would never go back. Same thing with the bum cream!

So more expense then :laugh:

As i am looking into buying a decent pair of lycra bib shorts i may also look at ar$e butter.

broomwagon

Don't normally use anything for a long single day ride but later next week I'm on a Paris to Blackpool 5 day ride so the sudocrem has gone in the bag

OP
OP
TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD

Guru
Don't normally use anything for a long single day ride but later next week I'm on a Paris to Blackpool 5 day ride so the sudocrem has gone in the bag
Paris to Blacpool in five days, that's some going. 531 by car so must be an extra 100 by bike?

18 colleagues from work are going Newcastle to Croydon then another 20 joining them onto Paris starting next Friday.
I am v jealous

broomwagon

Paris to Blacpool in five days, that's some going. 531 by car so must be an extra 100 by bike?

Aye Tony, I've been churning the gears since last August with this in mind.Turbo, road, off road. There's 25 of us doing it from work, and I know, being a cyclist for many years, that it's a big ask. Hopefully we'll manage it altogether. The garmin shows it to be around 500 miles. Just packing my food....
P6090169.JPG

oldroadman

Veteran
Sudocrem always worked fine and was quite a favorite in the peloton years ago. Now you get supplied with all kinds of stuff, but Sudo is still used a lot. Vaseline is the LAST thing I would use, you want to keep yourself comfortable and reasonably clean/sterile which Sudo seems to do, when you are facing 200km plus day after day. Plus of course proper washing pre and post-ride, special attention to all the undercarriage bits! Start clean, stay comfy and clean, clean up afterwards. All the creams in the world won't prevent saddle sores, boils, infections, if the area is not kept clean.
Just to add, there is no need to go mad with the stuff, but although it's been commented that modern inserts don't really need coating (the old style chamois did) it does not hurt to put a very thin smear on the insert, this ensures that everything you need covered is covered, if you see what I mean. Plus slap a little around the nether regions. Forget feeling odd, it's comfort that counts.

oldroadman

Veteran
Just to add, there is no need to go mad with the stuff, but although it's been commented that modern inserts don't really need coating (the old style chamois did) it does not hurt to put a very thin smear on the insert, this ensures that everything you need covered is covered, if you see what I mean. Plus slap a little around the nether regions. Forget feeling odd, it's comfort that counts.
And another thing...wash the shorts after every ride. Not doing this invites problems in the sensitive area. All part of cleanliness.

Top Bottom