Which clipless pedals?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

revolutionjonny

Thanks for the good advice, everyone.

Have now read up on the SPD's, and think they're worth a shot. - I can always revert back to flats if I start to get pain in my knee.

I ride a hybrid at the mo, but am inclined towards converting it more to a tourer than MTB. I've been for a couple of 20-30 mile rides lately, and always seem to be aware of my foot slipping forwards on the pedals.

Sorry for my complete novice mindset - last bike I had was a Kuwahara BMX in the 80's!

I got a pair of Shimano M545 pedals at Christmas. As they were my first attempt at "clipless" I wanted some sort of platform should I not get on very well with them, so far in the five or six times I've used them they have been great. Yes, I've had a couple of "clipless moments" (fallen over) but no bones broken, and no lasting damage, all added to the enjoyment of cycling. I must have given a few people along the way a bit of a laugh also.
Do I like them? Without a doubt, yes, and when setting off, as they have a platform, I'm not fumbling around with my foot to get clipped in to get momentum.

Top Bottom