Which clipless pedals?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
Speedplays really are the pedals of kings. Love 'em!

apart from walking in them.....their major achilles heel. The covers help but for a short 10-20 metre walk I never bother

body.jpg
Like this yeah. Clipless. Without clips. I think I'm getting it.

It's misleading. And confusing for newcomers to our ranks.

colinr

And confusing for newcomers to our ranks.

As soon as I took an interest in my bike beyond just riding it, everything was confusing, so clipless fits right in. My non-cycling friends just know them as "weird pedals".

OP
OP
Guiddy

Guiddy

Before clip in pedals we used toe clips. I don't use toe clips anymore so my pedals are (toe)'clip less'

I quote Wikipedia:
"Clipless pedals (also clip-in or step-in) require a special cycling shoe with a cleat fitted to the sole, which locks into a mechanism in the pedal, holding the shoe firmly to the pedal. Most of today's clipless pedals lock to the cleats when stepped together firmly, and unlock with when the foot is twisted outward. Clipless refers to the lack of an external toe clip (cage), but not to be confused with platform pedals without toe clips."

Get it? They are not 'cleat less' pedals and I never refer to the bits under my shoes as clips but cleats, though I do agree they clip in, so all phrases are good for me!

Anyway, off topic or what!!!!:wacko:

GrasB

Veteran
Clipless is referring to the type of CLEAT used not the pedal. This little bit of abstraction appears to be way to much for simple minds :rolleyes:

The reason the pedals are clipless is because they are for use with clipless cleats.

Top Bottom