Which Colour Helmet For Commuting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crosstrailer

I suspect you have ordered the black one because it looks the sexiest LOL

I have red & black to match my bike, I agree if you are going to get KO'd then helmet colour will only make a miniscule difference if at all (without sparking yet another debate) BUT I have a dayglo helmet cover for crappy weather. Even if it makes that tiny difference just once in poor visibility I'll take that

snorri

Legendary Member
how long till you just need a grey one then? :whistle:
Grey? If only......it's nearer to white now.:biggrin:

Drago

Legendary Member
xl__sbc602e-60.jpg

As per the title really..
Ive settled on the Specialized Align Helmet and am wondering what colour to go for.

Do I go dark to match the bike (Boardman CX - Grey/yellow) or do I go bright and light to stand out in the dark?

At the moment im torn between the yellow or the white version
i got one of those all marked up in Dibble livery. Not a bad lid, and Spesh claim a 7 year lifespan if cared for, not subjected to impact, stored out of direct sunlight and all that shizzle.

Rural halfwit

i got one of those all marked up in Dibble livery. Not a bad lid, and Spesh claim a 7 year lifespan if cared for, not subjected to impact, stored out of direct sunlight and all that shizzle.
Mine too. I was also issued a spare so didn't put the 'ecilop' stickers on.

sabian92

Über Member
It won't!?!
That was £60 wasted then....Time to buy a different helmet then :sad:

Sorry ;)

Not to say you can't get a red one, just that it won't save you for being red.

The blood won't show up as much though.

Edit: No blood, the helmet will prevent any injuries!

Indeed. :biggrin:

All joking aside, I wear one as a basically as a camera mount (and to keep SWMBO happy, she worries a lot). The colour didn't affect my choice.

400bhp

Guru
Are you planning having different helmets for other activities, such as Weekend rides, Club runs? :giggle:

Top Bottom