Which Colour Helmet For Commuting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I wouldn't mount a camera on my lid for fear of it being rammed through my skull in an impact, or snagging and giving me a torsion injury in a prang.

400bhp

Guru
I wouldn't mount a camera on my lid for fear of it being rammed through my skull in an impact, or snagging and giving me a torsion injury in a prang.

+1

Shame you cant get one with LEDs inside it, then the whole thing could flash like a giant beacon on your head! Yeah, that would save you from ever getting knocked off again :thumbsup:

You can get one of these covers that has LEDs and also saves the colour debate!

nogin-sox-dino.gif

78%20Nogin%20Sox%20(Brain).gif

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Get a purple one, the largest you can find. Everyone will notice you riding down the street showing off a big shiny purple helmet.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Base Ball capper as it keeps the sun and rain from my eyes. Have tried a blue one that my wife bought me.

I likes your style.. mine is Blue also.. coz blue is the colour innit?

niggle

Actually this is a Hi Viz discussion, not a helmet discussion.

Obviously go for the yellow one for the increased visibility, as the helmet is the best place for anything highly visible, because it is in sight over the top of cars so drivers will be able to see you a lot earlier and be prepared in advance to manoeuvre around you. Only last Friday I saw a motorcyclist with a Hi Viz helmet which stood out really clearly over the tops of cars that were between him and me.

Err, except that it will only be seen by the kind of drivers who are looking ahead, and will spot you in good time anyway and drive past with care regardless of your helmet colour. The ones you want to take more care are probably just looking at the back of the car in front, at best, so won't see a helmet above the cars whatever colour it is.

This means you might as well get whatever one you fancy IMO. I would pick the dark one with the peak as it will help keep the (liquid) sunshine out of your eyes and will not show the dirt, HTH

Top Bottom