Which computer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

I bought a new computer today; I had been looking at the Cateye range but could not make out the numbers on the screen properly as it was very small...opted for Velomann V1.07 with nice large numbers so I can see it in the dark and when travelling at speed and when it's rattling when going over crap road surfaces.

Maybe it's just old age setting in but I'd need a magnifying glass to read some of the Cateye models :becool:

Wired VDO A8 for me. Second one as the first suffered water ingress and had to be exchanged (not too happy). This one the other day, after a cold-ish and very wet ride home, was exhibiting similar symptoms, which were screen fading, blanked when I took it off the bike at home then came back on but the computer had reset itself. If it keeps this up I'll be sending it back to Chain Reaction and getting another manufacturers product.

hi all

got the Sigma 1609 STS. super easy to fit with the bands. i've mine fitted to the stem.

nice big display, no interference at all. wont know about batter life for a while but i'm not really bothered. to have no wires is great

i'd recommend it

OP
OP
Debian

Debian

I'm beginning to find the whole bike computer idea less relevant. A couple of weeks ago I started using my phone + Google My Tracks to log my rides and it's working very well. As soon as I've manufactured a suitable handlebar mount for my phone I intend to go over to using it exclusively and ditching the computer.

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
Another vote for the Cateye Strada Wireless... simple and works well. I find that the screen as a button is great when wanting to switch modes quickly.

Helly has a Sigma 1106DTS which is also very good. The battery cover did break on it but Sigmasport were superb and sent a free replacement cover :smile:

In terms of features, theres little to choose between them

Jugular

Bikemate from Aldi, £4. Can't really go wrong. It's wired and has nearly every function under the sun. The buttons are bit naff and it has a huge booklet of instructions but it'll do me fine for now, especially at that price.

Top Bottom