Which dashcam?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I’m with you, not for me thanks.

You might think differently if you become a crash for cash target.. Or any other road user fault, nowt like proof when dealing with fekin insurance cuntpanies

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
This reminds me, must pop the SD card out and view some of the footage to see how my angles are and check how the night/day footage looks on the 'big' screen.

The camera is there as a fit'&'forget black box recorder so if I am ever faced with the blame for an incident being fraudulently pointed my way again (It's a long story and the lying scumbags very nearly got away with it!) I will hopefully have the evidence to block any similar false accusations and protect my insurance record and reputation.
Camera is now hardwired in and almost hidden from drivers view behind the rear view mirror. Screen also switches off after 60s so there is no distraction to the cars occupants and no tell tale glow to alert others that their actions may be caught on camera.

Sorry to drag this one out of the past, but...

When I was getting the quotation for the (new) Kodiaq, I was told that a dash-cam would bring a reduction in premiums
For some reason I didn't ask by what %
Anyone got any ideas?

I've been looking at F&R combos

Plus. a point of curiosity (below)
Which I will raise with my insurers

A friend of out daughters had to get a dashcam, as part of the conditions of her insurance (or, at least to lower premiums)
Then her cat was broken into ('08' Micra) & they stole the dashcam:wacko:

She had discussions with the insurers, as they were going to up the premium on renewal............ despite their insistance on the dashcam!!
I keep meaning to ask her, when I see her, what happened

Sorry to drag this one out of the past, but...

When I was getting the quotation for the (new) Kodiaq, I was told that a dash-cam would bring a reduction in premiums
For some reason I didn't ask by what %
Anyone got any ideas?

I've been looking at F&R combos

Plus. a point of curiosity (below)
Which I will raise with my insurers

Eventually I spoke to my insurers

1. No discount for a dash-cam
2. No 'admin fee' to notify them of one, though!
3. The girl I spoke to couldn't answer, about the NCB/claim, seeing as it would be my decision to buy one, so if anyone broke-in, simply to steal the cam (if I bought a good one)

Plus..................

This one popped up, as an advert in my FaceBook feed
https://saltdays.co.uk/products/hd-1080p-outdoor-dv-camera/

At first glance, it seems very intriguing, & due to the size, is very unobtrusive
However, 'TrustPilot' reviews of Saltdays, as a whole, aren't very good

I guess the old adage is worth sticking to?

If It Seems Too Good To Be True
It Probably Is.........

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
After a near death experience with a private hire Prius the other day (well, near death for him and I doubt it would have ended well if he'd under up under my XC90) I have also bought a Nextbase 422 to replace my Garmin that recently stopped working.

Blind rise, can't see over the crest. I was doing 40 in the 60 zone, having just joined the road, and wasn't bothering to accelerate harder because I know there is a roundabout 200 metres ahead so I would be braking furiously in no time if I did that. Taxi driver behind couldn't wait and tries to overtake, but being a Pious he is taking his time about it. Sure enough an oncoming car appears over the rise, cabbie panics and in his mad haste to try and get back in before having a head on would have taken the front 5 feet off my car had I not been alert to that which was unfolding before me and jabbed the anchs.

Some evidence to send to the Dibble and the licencing department at the carncil would have been most welcome.

Still, this one is on quite a snazzy magnet mount so detaches in a jiff when I park the car. Wouldn't dream of leaving it on display for Johnny Lightfingers.

Top Bottom