Which food did you find the most underwhelming?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bicycle

1723580 said:
That was Lord Mandleson who thought the guacomole tasted odd.

Thought mushy peas were guacamole; neglected to mention a £750,000 loan on a mortgage application; twice resigned from the cabinet; is up to his neck with Russian oligarchs but still worth a peerage and has the complete confidence of his party leadership.

I do not have a high opinion of this man. Selling snake oil shouldn't buy one a peerage. It does, but it shouldn't. :sad:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
neglected to mention a £750,000 loan on a mortgage application; twice resigned from the cabinet; is up to his neck with Russian oligarchs but still worth a peerage and has the complete confidence of his party leadership.

I do not have a high opinion of this man. Selling snake oil shouldn't buy one a peerage. It does, but it shouldn't. :sad:

We're still on about food, yeah?

Bicycle

1723628 said:
Are you looking for the AIS award for robustly denigrating any "leftist" politician in inappropriate circumstances?

Ha ha ha ha ha.... Mandleson is of the left. Ha ha ha ha ha.... Clause IV....... Ha ha ha ha ha......

Pesto from a jar is underwhelming, unless used sparingly on a tomato tart or any tasy fish en croute. As a pasta sauce, it whelms nobody.

Ha ha ha ha ha.... Mandleson is of the left. Ha ha ha ha ha.... Clause IV....... Ha ha ha ha ha......

Pesto from a jar is underwhelming, unless used sparingly on a tomato tart or any tasy fish en croute. As a pasta sauce, it whelms nobody.
What, exactly, is pesto good for?

gbb

Legendary Member
Trout, no taste at all.
Strange isn't it, trout overwhelmed me...blew me away.
Mums from Nothumberland, some years ago she brought back a whole trout, not the skinny looking things you see in fishing programmes, this was the size of a small salmon, freshly caught in a local river the day before.
Good god..i'd never eaten it before, it really did blow me away, probably one of the nicest, smoothest, lovliest flavours i'd had in a long long time.
20 years later, i still remember it. Ironically, i have meant to indulge many times since, but never got round to it....perhaps i should remember the moment and not try again...it'll probably spoil it.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Pale Ale (Motueka and Nelson Sauvin)
India Pale Ale (Galaxy)
Export Stout

All excellent, but the Export Stout is really good stuff.

I think their porters and stouts are their strong point. I've had to have a glass of Export India Porter now to confirm this - your fault.

Have you ever seen as much gunk in the bottom of a bottle though - it's sedimentary my dear Watson!

col

Legendary Member
Strange isn't it, trout overwhelmed me...blew me away.
Mums from Nothumberland, some years ago she brought back a whole trout, not the skinny looking things you see in fishing programmes, this was the size of a small salmon, freshly caught in a local river the day before.
Good god..i'd never eaten it before, it really did blow me away, probably one of the nicest, smoothest, lovliest flavours i'd had in a long long time.
20 years later, i still remember it. Ironically, i have meant to indulge many times since, but never got round to it....perhaps i should remember the moment and not try again...it'll probably spoil it.
It wasnt one of those recipes that add a pint of wine a bucket of herbs ect? The one I tried was wrapped in bacofoil and grilled, nothing added .

Top Bottom