Which freehub for shimano 105 11 speed road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

miklos

Veteran
Hi

I am unsure of which freehub is compatible with this bike -> BTWIN 700af, with the factory fitted BTWIN wheels
Could anyone recommend one ?

Thanks

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Are you replacing the freehub on the hub or the cassette. If it's the freehub, you are best asking Decathlon if they have spares, as they are a generic wheel and may or may not have spares. Your best option might be to remove and service the freehub.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
For example, my MTB has some Formula hubs, really easy to pull apart. The freehub has two cartridge bearings in it, and it's easy to pop them out to replace. The ratchet mechanism is easy to clean and replace. I wouldn't know where to get a replacement freehub as the wheels are about 5 years old.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
probably only decathlon can tell you what freehub is compatible, unless you can tell from removing the existing freehub and having a look.

Is it defo the freehub that is goosed and not the wheel bearings?

or perfect excuse for a new set of wheels:okay: 5 years isnt a bad shift for in house stock wheels

OP
OP
M

miklos

Veteran
Are you replacing the freehub on the hub or the cassette. If it's the freehub, you are best asking Decathlon if they have spares, as they are a generic wheel and may or may not have spares. Your best option might be to remove and service the freehub.
Replacing the freehub, checked the decathlon website and they don't have any freehubs available for sale

OP
OP
M

miklos

Veteran
probably only decathlon can tell you what freehub is compatible, unless you can tell from removing the existing freehub and having a look.

or perfect excuse for a new set of wheels:okay: 5 years isnt a bad shift for in house stock wheels
Yep the freehub is goosed - the cassete is loose on the freehub body (which is pitted with corrosion) - it's the bike I use for commuting to work

OP
OP
M

miklos

Veteran
Yep the freehub is goosed - the cassete is loose on the freehub body (which is pitted with corrosion) - it's the bike I use for commuting to work

Out of interest what would I expect to pay for a pair of wheels - looking at the cheaper end of the market

OP
OP
M

miklos

Veteran
Thanks mate, much appreciated

Top Bottom